Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: WR762 rifle

Any more pics of the prototype?
    Canada is done, save the West.

CGN Regular
    at first i was interested because i love vz 58 and there always needs to be more in Canada, but when i read they will be manufactured in Canada, it means i have to buy one!!!! need to support Canadian firearms companies!!!!!

Interested! I'd rather it stay with standard Vz mags. I like my hold open. If people want to use AK mags, go buy an sks that uses them.

I would like to see, and think others would love to see a FSN Kurz style available again with the sight on the gas block:

Very interested! I think sticking with VZ mags would be the best idea there cheap, readily available and have the hold open feature. Hopefully these will live up to the great Canadian quality standard without breaking the bank.

AK magazine capability means:
    -reengineering the rifle = driving cost up
    -loosing bolt hold open capacity

Please keep the VZ58 magazines capability
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    I don't know why people want AK mags over VZ mags...
    Cauz I have magpul AK mags already :-)

either way we are complaining over 2 mags that only hold 5 rounds, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by DT741 View Post
    AK magazine capability means:
    -reengineering the rifle = driving cost up
    -loosing bolt hold open capacity

Please keep the VZ58 magazines capability
    A bolt hold open function could be engineered into the gun itself, making the silly proprietary magazines unnecessary.

While it seems like a lot of fuss just to be able to use a similar magazine, IMO its the "off brand" proprietary of many of its components that's keeping these rifles from being more popular, especially outside of Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by 870P View Post
    A bolt hold open function could be engineered into the gun itself.
    Explain how. Has this been done?
    The relative popularity and affordability of this firearm comes from the fact that the engineering and tooling was already financed by a warsaw pact arms industry. Reinventing the wheel drives the cost up for no good reason. The mags are affordable enough, and if it becomes an issue then manufacturers can make more. If you dont like that, then a magwell kit with AR x39 mags are also available.

This isnt the US where there is an abundance of AK mags being sold by the pallet. It doesnt make any sense at all

Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    Explain how. Has this been done?
    The relative popularity and affordability of this firearm comes from the fact that the engineering and tooling was already financed by a warsaw pact arms industry. Reinventing the wheel drives the cost up for no good reason. The mags are affordable enough, and if it becomes an issue then manufacturers can make more. If you dont like that, then a magwell kit with AR x39 mags are also available.

This isnt the US where there is an abundance of AK mags being sold by the pallet. It doesnt make any sense at all
    The newer AK replacement prototypes do it, and there are U.S. market kits and mods that will let you do it to varying degrees.

To me, not being able to use what's by far the most popular magazine in the caliber makes as much sense as designing a .223 semiauto rifle to use proprietary mags instead of AR mags.

This is especially the case when the supply of surplus mags for a design that went out of mass production 32 years ago is about to dry up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    There is a fresh supply of new aftermarket mags for the vz.