Page 19 of 60 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: WR762 rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Because the mags will only need to have a maximum of 5 in the stack, what about the possibility of 6.5 Grendel?
    Quote Originally Posted by justinb1981 View Post
    Or 6.5 Creedmoor?

Or original caliber 7.62x39 :P
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

I was seriously looking at the VZ58 but now I think I have to see how this turns out! hopefully they'll be cheaper than the VZ58.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonm64 View Post
    I was seriously looking at the VZ58 but now I think I have to see how this turns out! hopefully they'll be cheaper than the VZ58.
    haha
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

CGN frequent flyer warrenlikesboats's Avatar
    SO when they say its manufactured in Canada, what does that really mean ? Is the gun simply assembled from part kits shipped in from over seas ? or is parts like the receiver and barrel actually machined out right here in Canada ??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    IMHO It's unlikely/unnecessary that they have to mill out every single little part brand spanking new in Canada, with Canadian level wages.
    Unless the source of a particular part is running dry, then an alternative would need to be sourced (or made).
    Mismatch is the new black

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Splatter's Avatar
    Or 6.5 Creedmoor?
    So... I'm guessing that you've never actually held a round of 6.5 Creedmoor in your hand or even seen a picture of it next to a round of 5.56 or 7.62x39?
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. "

Noam Chomsky

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    So... I'm guessing that you've never actually held a round of 6.5 Creedmoor in your hand or even seen a picture of it next to a round of 5.56 or 7.62x39?
    Yeah, it's longer because it's a necked down .308. But they're designing a new rifle so multiple versions in different calibers isn't an unreasonable request. If they made a Creedmoor version they could also make a .308 version which would be beautiful

A purpose made, Canada built vz58 pistol with 10 round vz 58 magazines would be great.

Yeah, it's longer because it's a necked down .308. But they're designing a new rifle so multiple versions in different calibers isn't an unreasonable request. If they made a Creedmoor version they could also make a .308 version which would be beautiful
    That would probably require a whole new magazine though wouldn't it?
    And correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there can be many design changes without a new FRT

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lungorthin View Post
    That would probably require a whole new magazine though wouldn't it?
    And correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there can be many design changes without a new FRT
    I'd imagine it would require more than just a new magazine, although that factor alone would make this project pointless because nobody wants $100+ proprietary mags. There may also be issues regarding action length, ejection port size, and a change to pressures at the gas port. Probably other things too...

Can we get a ballpark price for this yet??? I need to know if this is on the want list or not before i spend my money on something else!
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.