Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: WR762 rifle

Quote Originally Posted by s3xspert11 View Post
    why is the the stock and grip never look like the ak one =(
    would be in if it looked more like a Ak to be honest, but none the less great job! im sure they will rock.

Standard AK pistol grips can be adapted to fit the Vz58 fairly easily, but since the AK has a larger receiver, most of it's stocks couldn't be made to fit without a really kludgey adaptor, nor can anything other than the Magpul Zhukov or some other lengthened forend really be an option.

Of course, there's not much stopping anyone from supplying AK profiled furniture to begin with.

Personally I don't care about the looks, but I prefer the feel and function of AK furniture, especially in not having an annoying crescent shaped buttplate and a more hand filling grip and forend.
    Canada is done, save the West.

Come to think of it the one thing I'd like to see is a redesigned dust cover, one that's more rigid at least, that has a rear sight like a Valmet M76 or Galil.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 870P View Post
    but since the AK has a larger receiver, most of it's stocks couldn't be made to fit without a really kludgey adaptor

you have to look real hard to even see the adapter

Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    [IMG]

you have to look real hard to even see the adapter
    That's why I said "most."

Until the Zhukov stuff recently became available, there's a reason you rarely if ever saw stocks designed for AKs on Vz58s.

Quote Originally Posted by Cross94 View Post
    Come to think of it the one thing I'd like to see is a redesigned dust cover, one that's more rigid at least, that has a rear sight like a Valmet M76 or Galil.

That would be amazing. My only concern would be slop in the dust cover throwing off shots.

On a 58 that wouldnt be as much of a problem. The real problem would come where since the dustcover is integral to the operation of the firearm, if you hit anything it's mounted to and twist the cover, not only would you shut the gun down but you wouldnt be able to release the striker and open it up to fix it.

Not all AK mags are steel, this isn't 1955 any more.

The question is, have you ever held a synthetic military AK mag?

They're probably the most durable box magazine there is, and are slightly lighter than a Vz aluminum mag.

There are also a lot of them sitting in places with really good exchange rates like Ukraine and Venezuela.
    Have you seen the prices for 7.62x39 military polymer or bakelite mags?

Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    Have you seen the prices for 7.62x39 military polymer or bakelite mags?
    They're a dime a dozen overseas, they're expensive in North America because nobody's ever brought them in in quantity.

When's the last time did anybody import a large amount of AK mags of any kind to Canada, 1991?

BANNED
    Magpul AK mags were cheap last year so I stocked up... But I never had a single issue with my CZ mags. I cant say that about the magpuls. But it could also be the SKS-D thats being a turd.

CGN Regular
    Standard AK pistol grips can be adapted to fit the Vz58 fairly easily, but since the AK has a larger receiver, most of it's stocks couldn't be made to fit without a really kludgey adaptor, nor can anything other than the Magpul Zhukov or some other lengthened forend really be an option.

Of course, there's not much stopping anyone from supplying AK profiled furniture to begin with.

Personally I don't care about the looks, but I prefer the feel and function of AK furniture, especially in not having an annoying crescent shaped buttplate and a more hand filling grip and forend.
    ahhhhh makes sense!! just was always curious. and true function is always more important.