Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AR15 optics suggestion

CGN Ultra frequent flyer freezer filler's Avatar
    I'd watch for a Vortex Strikefire on the EE

I find a reflex sight coupled with a flip to the side magnifier gives you the best of both worlds. Quick target acquisition and for further distant targets, you flip the magnifier and you have the possibility to aim and shoot up the targets that are farther away.

The first optic I bought was an ncstar from Can-am. And the first lesson I learned in not buying crap.
    Mine looked cool in the box but it just would not hold zero. After firing a few rounds the optic would shift on the rail and was pretty useless overall (shooting 223, not heavy calibres). I replaced mine with an inexpensive but actual better quality bushnell trs-25. It's not fancy but it performs well for $100.

Vortex strike eagle is a fairly easy on the wallet mid grade optic i love mine

Quote Originally Posted by kevmicball View Post
    Vortex strike eagle is a fairly easy on the wallet mid grade optic i love mine
    It is a great optic, but the OP is running a 12" barrel so likely wanting something short range. And since he's thinking ncstar likely a lower budget. $450 plus mount is probably not in range (pun intended).

I suppose it's not only what's the best type of optic for the AR15.The question that the OP needs to ask is,what's the best type of optic for what he intends to do with the Ar15.

The USA ar15 forums are very positive toward Aim sports 4x32. It is strange and funny as the scope is 45cad new at Amazon.
    "They won’t understand why we do it. They won’t understand that it’s about the men next to you, and that’s it. That’s all it is." - Norm "Hoot" Hooten

BANNED
    Nikon 3x p223 looks promising for the budget minded, at least it's what I'm looking next.

look for an Eotech or Trijicon
    Si vis pacem, para bellum. Veni vidi vici. Alea jacta est. Molon labe. Vae victis. Deus velox nex. Amat victoria curam. SUNT LACRIMAE RERUM ET MENTEM MORTALIA TANGUNT.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    You will not go wrong with the big 3 of AR optics.
    1. Aimpoint
    2. Trijicon
    3. Eotech
    In this order.

Second tier.
    1. Vortex
    2. Holosun
    3. Bushnell/ Lucid

NEVER buy
    1. NCStar
    2. Sun Optic
    Last edited by Still alive; 10-15-2016 at 10:06 AM.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast