Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta Arms Ammo on sale! 44 Mag, 40 S&W and 223 Rem

Expired Business Member

Atlanta Arms Ammo on sale! 44 Mag, 40 S&W and 223 Rem

Atlanta Arms is a US brand which is used by a lot of competition users. Great ammo, and we have some of their reloads on sale this week!

223 Rem - Box of 50 - $26.00
    40 S&W - Box of 50 - $20
    44 Mag - Box of 50 - $35 (yes, that's right!)

Expired Business Member
    I've had a few people ask me if this ammo is any good? I tested some of their 9mm and was very happy with it. Some of the teams that use it are:

United States Army Marksmanship Unit
    U.S. Marine Corps Shooting Team
    U.S. Coast Guard Team
    ITI
    H&K
    Para
    Glock Shooting Team
    Sig Arms
    STI
    Safariland
    Babes with Bullets Ladies Shooting Camps
    HerHandgun (of Mesa, AZ)
    E-World Shooting Team

Plus some individual pro shooters. Worth a try!

Kate,

Since this is good stuff, any chance you'll be able to get other types like the 175 TMK .308 or heavier .223?

Investor beware _
    I know AA makes some primo ammo that many competitive shooters use. But my personal experience was a purchase of 500 rnds (not from AmmoKate) but anyways I had close to two dozen rounds that were really damaged with severely dented casings, from something other than a typical deflector dent, so I didn't fire them for safety sake, also visibly cracked necks around the 'new' bullet seats on several rounds, like what you get from too many reloads when the brass is brittle. This prompted me to visually inspect every single round before I shot them and I probably discarded 30 or so. I mean I could have shot them I guess, but I'm not that desperate to experience a blown out round or separated case.

Also when I started reloading them I was getting cracked case necks on many of the hand loads, and no I don't have an annealer but could have used one. Also after reloading 150 or so rounds with new .223 the mouths were failing to reform to original size, it was so bad that many of the bullets were falling through into the case because the brass wouldn't hold it's shape anymore, even with a mild crimp. I really have to wonder just how rounds were through these AA Re-mans ???
    I wouldn't have been so P.O'd about the ammo and a few too many defects, except the Seller was advertising and selling as New $$$ (and Re-man was not at all in the description). After I phoned them, and AA to express my concern the website was updated like within an hour.

After that one experience with AA, I'll buy Federal or whatever instead. But to each their own of course. - that's just my one experience.

I bought 1000 rounds of 9mm Atlanta Arms, been running in all my pistols without a single malfunction yet.
    Accurate enough to cut cars in half at 7 yd with my Luger

Expired Business Member
    Did we make it right for you?

We were given the information on the ammo being new or reloaded by the importer (they do both) and we didn't check every box. This is one of the reasons we won't be carrying Atlanta Arms in the future, but I hadn't heard about any quality concerns!

Quote Originally Posted by DUC_Dali View Post
    Investor beware _
    I know AA makes some primo ammo that many competitive shooters use. But my personal experience was a purchase of 500 rnds (not from AmmoKate) but anyways I had close to two dozen rounds that were really damaged with severely dented casings, from something other than a typical deflector dent, so I didn't fire them for safety sake, also visibly cracked necks around the 'new' bullet seats on several rounds, like what you get from too many reloads when the brass is brittle. This prompted me to visually inspect every single round before I shot them and I probably discarded 30 or so. I mean I could have shot them I guess, but I'm not that desperate to experience a blown out round or separated case.

Also when I started reloading them I was getting cracked case necks on many of the hand loads, and no I don't have an annealer but could have used one. Also after reloading 150 or so rounds with new .223 the mouths were failing to reform to original size, it was so bad that many of the bullets were falling through into the case because the brass wouldn't hold it's shape anymore, even with a mild crimp. I really have to wonder just how rounds were through these AA Re-mans ???
    I wouldn't have been so P.O'd about the ammo and a few too many defects, except the Seller was advertising and selling as New $$$ (and Re-man was not at all in the description). After I phoned them, and AA to express my concern the website was updated like within an hour.

After that one experience with AA, I'll buy Federal or whatever instead. But to each their own of course. - that's just my one experience.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jadam View Post
    Kate,

Since this is good stuff, any chance you'll be able to get other types like the 175 TMK .308 or heavier .223?
    We will see!

Quote Originally Posted by AmmoSupply Kate View Post
    Did we make it right for you?

We were given the information on the ammo being new or reloaded by the importer (they do both) and we didn't check every box. This is one of the reasons we won't be carrying Atlanta Arms in the future, but I hadn't heard about any quality concerns!
    Thanks Kate - but.. "my personal experience was a purchase of 500 rnds (not from AmmoKate)" - It was not a purchase from AmmoSupply - Seller beware too - I had a larger than expected number of damaged cases and faulty rounds. I was pumped to buy AA because of all the good things I hear, but was really let down.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DUC_Dali View Post
    Thanks Kate - but.. "my personal experience was a purchase of 500 rnds (not from AmmoKate)" - It was not a purchase from AmmoSupply - Seller beware too - I had a larger than expected number of damaged cases and faulty rounds. I was pumped to buy AA because of all the good things I hear, but was really let down.
    Ahhh! The clue was in the question. Sorry, I read that really quickly and completely missed the key word. Thanks for confirming - I can sleep tonight now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lungorthin View Post
    I bought 1000 rounds of 9mm Atlanta Arms, been running in all my pistols without a single malfunction yet.
    Accurate enough to cut cars in half at 7 yd with my Luger
    Wow you cut cars in half ? Lol that's some strong 9mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast