Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol grouping

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolter86 View Post
    I also purchased an airsoft pistol of the same make & model that I own, so that I can practice at home on focusing on my front sight and dry fire to eliminate flinching.
    It's great that you are being pro-active in educating yourself in pistolcraft. I would, however, recommend you dry fire your actual pistol with snap caps rather than the airsoft gun. You won't damage your gun (unless it's a .22 that has dry fire restrictions) and it's better to have trigger time on what you will shoot for real anyways as there is a difference between an airsoft trigger vs a real firearm.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolter86 View Post
    I also purchased an airsoft pistol of the same make & model that I own, so that I can practice at home on focusing on my front sight and dry fire to eliminate flinching.
    Why not dry fire your firearm? Even a firing pin replacement is a fraction of an airsoft gun. Snapcaps if you are really concerned are $10-$15.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ganderite's Avatar
    My buddy and I both shoot tight groups. I shoot his pistol about 2" left at 20 yards. He shoots mine about 2" right.

If you are shooting right, move the slight a tad to the left. Use a pencil to scribe a mark on the sight/frame so you can see how much you move it.
    -- Learn by the experience of others.... you won't live long enough to make all the mistakes yourself.
    -- The fool mistakes his world for the world.
    -- Doubt is uncomfortable but certainty is ridiculous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12