Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will we ever see another Boberg?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Looks prohib. to me.
    Yes. That model is too short.

But the former owners (Boberg) made one that was just barely legal in Canada.(pictured below)

We're all hoping that the new owners (Bond Arms) will also make the Canadian legal version of this pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyledempsey1 View Post
    Sounds like alot of fun to me
    Where a standard semi-auto pushes a cartridge forward out of the magazine, the Boberg uses a system that pulls the cartridge to the back out of the mag, by hooking onto the ridge at the bottom of the casing - this is when the separation happens and the casing is pulled off of the bullet. Unless you use the specified ammo. It's also the design that allows for the shorter looking pistol - although the barrels are still 4.125.

Unless you use the specified ammo.
    You can also just run all of your ammo through a crimping die. It's not that difficult.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    You can also just run all of your ammo through a crimping die. It's not that difficult.
    Do you actually have this gun? Or are you just postering?

They are interesting, but for the price i dont want to fiddle with something that'll be finicky. I'll leave that for the $300 guns...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Do you actually have this gun?
    No. But I would like to.

I've seen them around, and talked to owners. It's a cool design.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    I've been tempted when I've seen them on the EE a couple of times but 1200-1500 for what's basically a novelty........tough to pull the trigger.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

I have a XR9-L and have had no issues what so ever with factory loads, or my own hand loads. I typically run 124 grain round nose through it.
    Sometimes it is taken, sometimes it is not. But there is no bargain, for here, what is,
    is what must be

CCFR Lifetime Member, CSSA Lifetime Member
    NFA Lifetime Member, NRA Lifetime Endowment Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Do you actually have this gun? Or are you just postering?
    I actually have the gun so I am talking from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DUC_Dali View Post
    ...potentially blowing up your pistol ? That kinda put me off. I'd like to see what the long term evaluations look like but there arent too many out there.
    I used to be very active on the Boberg site forums and the "blow up your pistol" idea was without question the biased fear-mongering of individuals who didn't know what they were talking about: no such issue was ever found to be possible by those who designed, built and used them.

My initial purchase review is here on CGN: http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...to-475-rounds)

I am currently well over 2500 rounds or more (I lost count) and never have had any issues with the Sellier and Bellot 8,0 g 124grs FMJ factory ammo or my hand loads that I shoot in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter1970 View Post
    I have a XR9-L and have had no issues what so ever with factory loads, or my own hand loads. I typically run 124 grain round nose through it.
    I learned quite a bit about the Boberg in the testing I did so I could reload for it: crimps need to be tight, cases need to be sized to spec and the bullets cannot have too huge of a hollow point. I load Campro 124gr round nose or Speer hollow points (due to ease of feeding) with VihtaVuori powder into S&B once fired cases. Again, properly sized cases and a tight crimp with bullets I know work: flawless operation.

I wasn't smart enough to grab a spare couple of recoil springs before Boberg sold out though.
    Last edited by Aniest; 12-28-2016 at 12:54 PM.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Glad to hear a first hand account - I'm not discounting the gun for somebody elses ownership - only what I know and read. Since it was priced @ $1600+ I really wanted to research before purchasing.. and the cartridge separation due to the loading system, was the only issue identified, however it steered me away to another brand. Still a cool idea though.
    Either way there's some great accuracy tests for the Boberg on the web. And I certainly like the 'compact' style for a Canadian pistol that's non prohib.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Do you actually have this gun? Or are you just postering? They are interesting, but for the price i dont want to fiddle with something that'll be finicky. I'll leave that for the $300 guns...

i have one and I use my reloads with no issue. I do use a dillion press with a taper crimp die - not because of this gun I just always have. Awesome little gun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast