Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online purchase and sale tax

CGN Regular
    It is the responsibility of the purchaser to remit provincial sales tax for a purchase made from another province.
    Both GST and HST are federal taxes, with a portion of the HST being sent back to the province after being collected by the feds.
    Federal tax is non negotiable, and must be paid regardless and is collected by the retailer.
    Some retailers, large ones, charge PST because they have a business license in the province you reside in as well. (Cabella's, WSS, etc.)
    I only know this because I collected signatures for the "Stop the HST" campaign, in BC, which will either have you hate me or thank me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brocolt's Avatar
    I only buy from dealers that charge the GST only. why would I throw away money to a government that supports Pot heads & other stupid things like banning the 25rd Butler creek mags.

I call a dealer first to see what tax they charge & there shipping rates, if I don't like the answer I move on.

BANNED
    There are some site sponsors on here that charge the sales tax.upon the province the business is located in.....what a deal cause over here in BC we at 13%......I love getting charged the sales tax of maritime provinces

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    All the dealers i give business to, only charge 5% GST to Québec, some will charge the regular 10% on top but i avoid buying there, it's a matter of principle, if it become mandatory, we wont have choice than pay all taxes... Until then... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    You mean you have 15% HST and not 15% GST?
    They have a 'harmonized sales tax' where the Province and the Feds split it.

http://www.canadabusiness.ca/governm...ales-tax/#toc1

Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    You will pay the tax for your province. 15% HST for NB.

NS 15%
    PEI 15%
    Ontario 13%
    Alberta 5%

Don't know the rest
    5% Quebec

Thats one of the many reasons why I never buy in QC.
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    If your are registered for federal tax, you must charge federal tax based on the province of delivery. You are not required to charge pst out of province.

Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    There are some site sponsors on here that charge the sales tax.upon the province the business is located in.....what a deal cause over here in BC we at 13%......I love getting charged the sales tax of maritime provinces
    BC is 12%, just ordered one the other day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12