Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: APC223-SA Final specifications - place your order now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    ETA for the non restricted APC223-SA will be Jan, the first order at the special introductory price is just over half sold.
    Can't wait John 2-3 months and I'll be able to play with her!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Is it possible to post a pic of the restricted version you are bringing in John??
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Is it possible to post a pic of the restricted version you are bringing in John??
    Please visit our web site as full details and photos are there.

Please visit our web site as full details and photos are there.
    That you sir!!!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Was checking out their website and found this one: Article-no. BT-36005
    https://www.bt-ag.ch/shop/eng/bt-apc...-cal-9-x-19-mm

They even have it in 45cal, full auto only .

It's been almost 4 years in the making for the APC9. Let's hope that since the 223 version is allowed, the 9 or 45 will be just around the corner
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    I would have to ask, I would think it highly unlikely if the bolt head had to change. What did you have in mind? Remember we will see a .308 next year.
    450 Bushmaster and 30 Remington AR, Herron Arms is currently building me a bolt head for the ACR that will work on both cartridges as the rim size is very close and the 284 win was the parent cartridge for both designs

308 will be a larger/heavier rifle I would have to assume? Deters from the ability to carry it for hunting just like the XCR M
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guy View Post
    Accuracy report. Can't post pictures from here but 5 shot sub-moa from the RCMP sample using 55gr Hornady TAP and 75gr Hornady V-Max. The bulk Remington golden bullet got under 1.5".
    She's a shooter ladies and gents
    you guys always bring the best sh!t in

Toronto - Silverdale Gun Club & Target Sports Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by cwblackwell88 View Post
    What!!
    Impressive...I am betting it will be around $4k... ...do you have monthly payments available?

Accuracy results, I have just learnt that our sample rifle is fitted with a 1:10 twist that explains why our best groups were with the lighter bullets.

The 477 mm production guns will be 1:9

The short restricted models will be 1:7
    Mr. Wolverine,

The only obstacle preventing me from placing the order is the barrel. I might be in minority, but ideal configuration for me would be using the original B&T barrel specification but in non-restricted length. That would be cold hammer forged barrel with the 1 in 7 twist. I'm aware of pros and cons, but I also believe, that B&T engineers put a lot of thought into their original barrel decision. Here is what the APC 223 PDF on their website says: “The hammer forged barrel is designed for optimal transitional ballistics and long barrel life. This 1 in 7'' twist rate is the best all-around for many different loads and bullet weights.” Those may be just nice words common in promotional materials, but I actually like long life expectancy of cold hammer forged barrels – I want it to last for ages. Many might find it economically unreasonable, but I like playing with heavier 75 or 77 grain ammo and want the barrel to have optimal performance with those heavier bullets – it's a technological hobby. I also like keeping my toys according to their original design specification as much as it is possible in our Canadian context – I believe many of us have that collector's interest, especially when it applies to expensive hi-end products.

As I mentioned, I realize, that I might be in minority, but I believe I'm not the only one. Since this magical number of 20 came up recently, it would be really interesting to estimate if there is enough interest for such configuration, if it's feasible. Maybe we could run a poll?

I realize, that it might take longer than the already confirmed configuration with the 1 in 9 twist. But I would be still willing to wait another 6 months for another batch with non-restricted barrels of original specification and would gladly place an order if such configuration is confirmed.

I apologize if I'm making it overly complicated and thank you for making this huge effort to bring this rifle to Canada!