Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XCR questions

CGN Regular
    I have a keymod comp length with light barrel, and after coming from an early gen with heavy barrel and rails, the weight and balance is worlds apart, even with the extended upper.

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Quote Originally Posted by XTGUN View Post
    I have a keymod comp length with light barrel, and after coming from an early gen with heavy barrel and rails, the weight and balance is worlds apart, even with the extended upper.
    What does the competition model weigh? The RA site lists the weight the same as the L.

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    With the keymod version and light barrel you're saving about 1.5 lbs, the major difference is the balance. I owned a quad rail years ago and sold it, due to being way too front heavy. I've since gotten and XCR-L in 5.56 and 7.62x39, dedicated uppers sharing a lower, and XCR-M in 308. They've made significant improvements in the platform.

I'm happy with them for what they are, if I were looking for a dedicate yote rifle, I might look at alternatives, just due to current prices and many great options. If you want a multipurpose black rifle, the new keymods will most likely do the trick.
    I have a dream.... To have this guy's set up ^^ Where can you get complete uppers? Just got a 308 keymod and it is amazing. In a perfect world would like the .223/ x39 on an L as well.

Wolverine should be able to order you a complete upper. They were willing to do it last time I enquired.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    Wolverine should be able to order you a complete upper. They were willing to do it last time I enquired.
    Beauty, thanks!

You have to buy the parts and build it, or buy the parts and pay the smithing service to have it assembled. Unfortunate it's not like buying AR uppers ... and the price is seriously high. As Travis Bickle pointed out the price of barrels alone is high. Wolverine Supplies was going to bring the new pricing up with RA , but I don't think it went anywhere.

I want just the barrel fro XCR-M in 243, but I refuse to pay 900 bucks for it too. Swapping uppers is nice, but if I were to do it all over again, I would have saved the money and only bought a conversion I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by akonecsni View Post
    I have a dream.... To have this guy's set up ^^ Where can you get complete uppers? Just got a 308 keymod and it is amazing. In a perfect world would like the .223/ x39 on an L as well.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Robinson Armament has a (relatively) new section on their website for parts:
    http://robinsonarmament.com/xcr-part-identification/

Helps with part identification and includes a parts list with MSRPs on parts (USD obviously).

I have the new xcrL extended forearm keymod light barrel. Groups well, handles exceptionally well, is light in the right areas and the irons has a really awesome sight plane now with the long fore end.
    I'm a displaced redneck, stuck in a city.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skypilot's Avatar
    I have handled the older xcrls and own the new generation keymod in light barrel .223 and heavy barrel 6.8SPC.

I use the 223 for my yote gun and the 6.8 for deer when dogging. The gun balances well and I have No issues carrying it.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the groups I cannot shoot, the ability to dope the wind, and the wisdom to hide the bad targets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12