Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can not install any M870 stock on my 18.5" mag-fed Grizzly

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shnib View Post
    fastenal will help ya out
    Fastenal doesn't do walk in customers anymore, you need an account with them... it's been that way for a while.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

I found the threads were different when swapping from the factory Grizzly folding stock to the factory Grizzly fixed stock. The long bolt that came with the fixed stock had threads that didn't match with the nut that came with the folder. I scrounged around my garage, and found a bolt that had appropriate threads. Of course, it was way too short, though. I ground off the threaded end of the long bolt, then welded on the threaded end of the bolt that I found. It worked perfectly. A lot easier for me than trying to find a very long bolt with the correct threads, but of course, if you don't have a welder, this solution won't work so easily for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Fastenal doesn't do walk in customers anymore, you need an account with them... it's been that way for a while.
    Our local one does, but will usually only sell you 1000 or something.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Yes, for some reason some are metric some are the standard 1/4". you just need to get a metric bolt, or rethread the hex nut

I too had the same issue, ended up using a piece of metric ready-rod, and double nutted it. Not ideal as it is soft and will stretch, could look for some stainless or higher tensile. But for now works fine.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy.It is our job to see that it stays there." George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Yes, for some reason some are metric some are the standard 1/4". you just need to get a metric bolt, or rethread the hex nut
    Please don't re-thread the nut.
    Find the correct size.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeps View Post
    I too had the same issue, ended up using a piece of metric ready-rod, and double nutted it. Not ideal as it is soft and will stretch, could look for some stainless or higher tensile. But for now works fine.
    Exactly, I paid a few bucks for a metric rod, cut to length, use the same washer etc...
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

CGN frequent flyer
    I would suspect Grizz being made in China would be metric, 870 accessory on the other hand would be US made in imperial. So, hardware store.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    So what size exactly for metric? I can order metric size screw from China but I don't know how to measure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calahan View Post
    I found the threads were different when swapping from the factory Grizzly folding stock to the factory Grizzly fixed stock. The long bolt that came with the fixed stock had threads that didn't match with the nut that came with the folder. I scrounged around my garage, and found a bolt that had appropriate threads. Of course, it was way too short, though. I ground off the threaded end of the long bolt, then welded on the threaded end of the bolt that I found. It worked perfectly. A lot easier for me than trying to find a very long bolt with the correct threads, but of course, if you don't have a welder, this solution won't work so easily for you.
    Yes I think diameter is close but different threads. I could screw it in nut a couple rounds then stuck there. I think the better solution is find a matched screw

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast