Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The wait is OVER!!! Bushmaster ACR DMR NON-Restricted is Coming!!!

Ouch that's a lot of change sure only $350 to secure then only another $3050 more plus tax, etc.

Expried Business Member
    Our shipment has landed and we will be contacting pre orders ASAP. We do have one available in stock available to ship. Contact us direct if interested...

BANNED
    Can a poor guy come look through the window at them? Like a hungry orphan passing the bakery?

I'd likely be down if they weren't so heavy, plus a little costly.

A CC DMR rifle is a pound and a half lighter with sites which is a lot when the weight of these is 8.75lbs. w/o sites, plus the CC DMR is about a $1,000 less.

As much as I appreciate Wanstall's bringing us new Black Rifle options it's got to be said; when are we going to beat the so called NR tax... (and I know it's not that simple, but WTF?).

How the Canadian Firearms market would change if we could hunt with an AR = "what a wonderful world it could be"...

Cheers D
    Last edited by Zeroed-In; 11-15-2016 at 12:03 AM.
    Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroed-In View Post
    How the Canadian Firearms market would change if we could hunt with an AR = "what a wonderful world it could be"...

Cheers D
    Oh I'd suspect the common AR15 to jump up to $3500.

Moe

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Oh I'd suspect the common AR15 to jump up to $3500.

Moe
    Unfortunately you might be correct they would likely control the supply increasing the demand/price, saying that these other common NR Black rifles like say an XCR wouldn't be selling much for $3,000.

I suppose the real in demand item would be AR barrels in 18.5"+ lengths.

Cheers D

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroed-In View Post
    I'd likely be down if they weren't so heavy, plus a little costly.

A CC DMR rifle is a pound and a half lighter with sites which is a lot when the weight of these is 8.75lbs. w/o sites, plus the CC DMR is about a $1,000 less.

As much as I appreciate Wanstall's bringing us new Black Rifle options it's got to be said; when are we going to beat the so called NR tax... (and I know it's not that simple, but WTF?).

Cheers D
    If you look at the prices in the us and the prices in Europe, the guns end up at about the same price or cheaper, especially for European imports. The price is completely the effect of weak Canadian dollars.

AR is mass produced, over 200k are made per year, not include uppers and other parts sold separately.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    If you look at the prices in the us and the prices in Europe, the guns end up at about the same price or cheaper, especially for European imports. The price is completely the effect of weak Canadian dollars.

AR is mass produced, over 200k are made per year, not include uppers and other parts sold separately.

I hear you Greentips, just had to bring it up and while all you say maybe true it's the volume of rifles sold here that would interest me.

By that I mean AR's are one of the common go to rifles in the US of A, however here many are more likely to purchase a Mini14, M305, SKS or even a XCR or FNAR or another more expensive (NR) Black Rifle versus an AR due to these others being NR versus the AR's Restricted status here in Canada.

Most likely the ratio of AR's sold in the US of A in respect to these other Black Rifles mentioned is at a much higher ratio (as compared to Canada) due to the AR's NR type status in the US of A (as compared to it's Restricted status in Canada) then it's affordability which is similar.

It would be an interesting statistic to know because the firearms business community of Canada would then recognize exactly (if they don't know already) how much would be created in Canada by making AR's NR. I would think that change would generate an incredible profit for not only the firearms business community but for Canada's profits as well with respect to the increased taxes generated form all the AR rifle sales and associated items like ammo. and accessories.

However this discussion should be brought up in a new thread (which I'll start in the Black/Green Rifle section as "AR's to NR profits gained by the change?") as I do want to interrupt Wanstall's business thread here anymore then I already have.

Cheers D

P.S. Hope you follow up with this on the other thread Greentips...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12