Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021222324252627282931 ... LastLast

Thread: IWI X95 is approved.

You dont like them i take it lol why not ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    The raised rails from GHW, Manticore, and MI are all quality products. However I hate them for the fact that they are almost completely useless.

Before covering why I hate these aftermarket raised rails, lets first take a look at the factory offering. The factory rail has built in BUIS with a tritium front post. They fold into the rail so as not to take up any rail space. This is great for being able the place sights, flash lights, lasers, etc. with out interference. The only downside to the factory rail is that some sights designed for the AR platform that do not have changeable sight bases or ring heights (think Elcan)

Now lets look at what you are getting for features from your $180 aftermarket rail. You spent $180 for a raised rail where an appropriate sight base/ring set would suffice. Then to get the rail back to close to as functional as factory you need a decent set of BUIS... so a set of troys and your up to $400. Now if you look at the weight of things, all your long raised rails with out BUIS are already heavier than the factory rail with BUIS, so add your BUIS and you have spent $400 and have added like 3-400g to your overall weight added no real functionality, actually I would say you lost functionality since your BUIS no longer even fold into the rail. For short raised rails you do a little better weight wise but with the GHW front sight post and Troy rear you still end up with a higher weight than the factory, but at least you are only $325 into it and only 150-200g heavier than factory.

Either way you are spending money to increase weight and loose functionality.

So what I did was chop my factory rail, install a GHW front sight post (it functions with the factory rear BUIS) and call it good. I have the idf short rail look and for $60 I have functional integrated BUIS. Not to mention o weight savings around 100g. Another thing to consider is that standard AR height optics ride 3-3/4" height over bore, lower 1/3 co-witness mounts on the factory rail or normal AR sights mounted on the raised rail put your height over bore up to 4"!!!

Ejection port door covers and aftermarket handguards are the 2 other things I feel the designers have tried to innovate but I feel both add unnecessary cost and weight for little or no additional functional benefit.

The upgrades that make the biggest improvement asside from optics in order of importance IMO:
    -Geissele Lightning Bow
    -Manticore curved buttpad (for the Tar it can also eliminate the need for raised rails/optics bases and keep a lower height over bore)
    -Geissele or Shooting Sight sear pack.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Regular
    I also cut the rail off, spent $40 on the factory IDF front sight post. Lines up perfectly with the rear sight. The weight savings is unreal.

I wish I can get a GHW front sight though!

We showcased the rifle to a local agency & this is the factory X95 trigger - it's a huge improvement over the Tavor.

Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    I also cut the rail off, spent $40 on the factory IDF front sight post. Lines up perfectly with the rear sight. The weight savings is unreal.

I wish I can get a GHW front sight though!
    Chopped my rail as well, feels lighter and less bulky. I like being able to pull the top handguard and charging handle off without having to remove the rail!

Where did you get an IDF front sight post?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvy View Post
    Chopped my rail as well, feels lighter and less bulky. I like being able to pull the top handguard and charging handle off without having to remove the rail!

Where did you get an IDF front sight post?

I went to Jon at NS. I went in person. The parts required costs about $40.

Any word on the availability of the Restricted version???

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Pug View Post
    Any word on the availability of the Restricted version???
    What he said
    I am no feeble Christ, not me. He hangs in glib delight upon his cross, above my body.

X95..full left hand version... that's all I have to say about that.

So is ETA late January or late February as its been rumored?