Thread: RPAL paperwork question

RPAL paperwork question

So I did the CFRSC last week (upgrading from regular PAL), and noticed in the application a question asking if i have had a job loss, divorce etc in the last 2 years, and if i answer yes i must attach a separate page with details.

being an Albertan I was laid off from a job about year ago.

how much detail to I have to disclose here? i would rather not mention employers etc if I dont have to.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    The uhh, government already knows who you work for... Chances are your employer submitted your ROE for EI purposes if you got laid off.

I wouldn't worry about it. Not telling them anything they either don't already know, or can't find out. Just saving them some of their infinitely valuable time is all.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

I think you just write a letter saying you were laid off. I believe you do actually have to say who the employer is, but it's not like the government doesn't already know where you worked from taxes. The reason they want to know is because unemployed people may be depressed, but if you have a job now it probably won't lead to anything.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Silveragent's Avatar
    Being laid off as an Albertan in the last year won't raise any red flags since there were a lot of you!

What they want to know is those guys who were laid off and may hold a grudge. It's silly since why would they go through the many steps and waiting period to get a gun for that. Just write roughly what your situation was and stay away from anything negative.
    ---
    Home club : PCDHFC, shoots IPSC, black rifles, hunts badly

Thanks for the replies guys.

Your attached note should day something to the effect of

- laid off from work on (date) from my job as a --- for employer x because of cutbacks to the company.
    Member CCFR
    Proud supporter of Wounded Warriors Canada
    Decaf is the Devil's drink.