Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dlask 1911 pro 9mm ejector not pinned.

Dlask 1911 pro 9mm ejector not pinned.

I just bought a used Dlask 1911 Pro 9mm from the EE. This is my first handgun. Still waiting on the registration certificate so I haven't taken it to the range yet. I ran a snap cap through it and found that it wouldn't eject at all. Took the slide off and found that the ejector is missing completely. The ejector pin hole appears to be only drilled halfway through starting from the right side of the frame. It does not come out the left side. So I have a few questions:

Does Dlask not pin his ejectors?

Is it normal for the hole to be only drilled halfway on a gun with a glued ejector?

When I get a new ejector, is it a simple matter of drilling through the rest of the way to pin it in place?
    Gun control logic: Teenagers speed around town at 80 in a 50 zone. Let's lower the speed limit to 40, that oughta slow 'em down.

CCFR, CSSA, and Conservative Party of Canada Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Sounds like a call to Dlask would be in order. Might as well get straight info directly from the source
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MartyK2500's Avatar
    Post pictures?

CGN Regular
    Ejectors will work without any pins because they are trapped by the slide - BUT if they are NOT pinned, and the slide is removed (for a complete and detailed cleaning) the ejector CAN and most likely WILL fall out of the frame...

Quote Originally Posted by superted View Post
    Ejectors will work without any pins because they are trapped by the slide - BUT if they are NOT pinned, and the slide is removed (for a complete and detailed cleaning) the ejector CAN and most likely WILL fall out of the frame...
    But doesn't it have the potential to bind the slide if it moves?
    Gun control logic: Teenagers speed around town at 80 in a 50 zone. Let's lower the speed limit to 40, that oughta slow 'em down.

I emailed Dlask this morning but no response yet. I'll post pics tomorrow. Photobucket is down tonight.

Photo with 1/6" drill bit inserted into ejector pin hole. The hole actually breaks out into the back of the magwell. You can see where the hole ends about 2/3 of the way across.

Photos showing that the hole is not perpendicular to the frame. I'm pretty sure this is not normal and that the ejector pin hole should run straight across the frame, but I don't know for sure.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Import's Avatar
    That's sure not the finest bit of machining I've ever seen...but dlask is a great business to deal with...I'll bet they will figure something out....best of luck with it...I'll follow with interest.

Thats why they didnt pin it, they screwed it up. As the hole should go through straight, but at least on the ejector side.

someine got lazy and thought you wouldn't. I would have a nice talking to Dlask Arms before you do anything, or they will void any warranty, and blame you for the problem.

they knew what they did, thats why the ejector wasn't pinned. They still sent it out.

QA from them has been brutal lately from other stuff I have seen

CGN Regular
    That frame should have never made it out of their shop,also hope that the guy who sold you that gun on EE was upfront about that.The frame is essentially toast as I can not imagine how you could adequately pin the ejector with out the pin impinging into the magwell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast