Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scorpio EM332A 22LR Bolt rifle 20"

Will you guys be getting another lot of mags in for these rifles? I'd grab 5 more if you are.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Durhamoutdoors View Post
    Scorpio EM332A 22LR Bolt rifle 20"

We have them in stock for $229 and free shipping

Link

Attachment 73413
    Just ordered one of these from your store yesterday, got an order confirmation right away, but no tracking info (yet) as of tonight.

From what little there is to read about them, I look forward to it's arrival. I have a long barreled JW15A and it is amazing. I was looking to buy a short barreled version, but waited too long as everyone literally sold out as of the end of last week. As I searched for one, I found this and thought; OK, let's give it a try.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Meroh View Post
    Just ordered one of these from your store yesterday, got an order confirmation right away, but no tracking info (yet) as of tonight.

From what little there is to read about them, I look forward to it's arrival. I have a long barreled JW15A and it is amazing. I was looking to buy a short barreled version, but waited too long as everyone literally sold out as of the end of last week. As I searched for one, I found this and thought; OK, let's give it a try.
    Shipped yesterday, out for delivery on Monday; about right for walking it the 100 miles to my house! LOL!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thanks very much to DURHAM OUTDOORS!!!!

Great service, and Canada Post too!

Quote Originally Posted by Meroh View Post
    Shipped yesterday, out for delivery on Monday; about right for walking it the 100 miles to my house! LOL!
    Well, they must have ran! Got here yesterday. Amazing difference in quality, fit and finish compared to the JW15.

Things that are just about perfect in my opinion:
    1. Adjustable sights; sight picture clean and sharp.
    2. Fit and finish; deep dark bluing and very even; metal to metal fit is top grade, internal machined surfaces, good +
    3. Action very smooth, no need to spot it in or hone sharp edges.
    4. Bolt easy to dissassemble/clean/reassemble
    5. Trigger needs no, and I mean zero attention right from the box.
    6. The ammout of steel in it is impressive; except for the mag-well.
    7. Quality of the Injection Moulding on the stock is top quality also.
    8. The cheek weld and eye alignment for the sights is perfect for me (same reason I bought the JW15; Savage and Marlin did not fit me very well).
    9. Nice clean sling studs.
    10. Rubbery but plate helps with stability.
    11. Sharp, clean rifling (inside of barrel does indeed look "forged")
    12. Mags slide in easily with bolt open or closed, but lockup once inserted positive, and the mags are tight; one of the best fitting mag setups I have ever seen on a .22.
    13. Barrel is not a "bull" barrel, but is is heavier than many .22s I have handled.

Things that are not quite perfect:
    1. Mags, while good quality, have pretty chincy plastic bottom plates, but are easy to dissassemble for cleaning; not as easy to get the lock pin to align with the plate while reassembling.
    2. Barreled action is very loose, fore and aft, in the stock, action requires bedding.
    3. Parting lines, particularly those in the upper thumb hole were very sharp, but the hard plastic was easy to file with a fine half-round needle file. Top edges of the inletting were sharp also, as were the parting lines in and outside the trigger guard.
    4. Butt-plate overhangs (is bigger than the stock) on one side, has a sharp edge, and could use some rework. (no fasteners visible, so I wonder if it is a friction fit into the but-stock; it is not moulded on).
    5. Grip texture is a bit over-done, but very positive.
    6. Mag-release is a bit short.
    7. Bolt handle (as others have stated) is very tight to the stock; not a problem unless one may be trying to operate it with gloves on.
    8. Fasteners for scope adjustment; one is slot, one is a poor quality Phillips (hopefully they are metric, or SAE so I can eventually change them out, as others have mentioned also that they are "soft", and they look it).
    9. Sights could be higher visibility, but nothing a dab of paint won't fix.
    10. Barrel Crown, or lack thereof, some photos showed match-grade crowning, however my rifle looks to have barely been touched with a countersink.

Shooting will come in time (too busy at the moment), but my list of imperfections is small and minor compared to the virtues listed.

I am very pleased with what I see so far!
    Last edited by Meroh; 06-17-2017 at 07:08 AM.

Just ordered one from SFRC! Looking forward to it arriving!

I'm glad there was a review from an owner here. It cured my gun fever for another .22 bolt action. I hate online sales for rifles you can't put your hands on, but thank goodness for CGN gun owner critiques and reviews.

The comment about chintzy plastic mag components and the wobbly barrel was enough to put that fire out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by viking555 View Post
    I'm glad there was a review from an owner here. It cured my gun fever for another .22 bolt action. I hate online sales for rifles you can't put your hands on, but thank goodness for CGN gun owner critiques and reviews.

The comment about chintzy plastic mag components and the wobbly barrel was enough to put that fire out.
    Well he said they were minor and I find mine quite nice, cheek weld for mine is also perfect with open sites if you have a bit of slop forward and aftin the stock to receiver fit, you could bed it but also use tape to close the gap To perfection. I bought 5 mags to go with my 522's also they are fine and inexpensive! Bolt is close to the stock but fixable, great gun for the $200 ish bucks, blueing is really nice compared to a lot of low priced .22! But if you have a dozen .22 rifles already then I would agree, no need for this one!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Well he said they were minor and I find mine quite nice, cheek weld for mine is also perfect with open sites if you have a bit of slop forward and aftin the stock to receiver fit, you could bed it but also use tape to close the gap To perfection. I bought 5 mags to go with my 522's also they are fine and inexpensive! Bolt is close to the stock but fixable, great gun for the $200 ish bucks, blueing is really nice compared to a lot of low priced .22! But if you have a dozen .22 rifles already then I would agree, no need for this one!
    After shooting it along with my Norinco, I found that the long barreled JW15A had me shooting better with open sights than I could with the Scorpio; but the Scorpio shot better with iron sights than the JW did; therefore, I have decided to scope it. The only unassigned scope I had was a Tasco Silver Antler 6-24 target scope.

I have not bedded the barrel yet, but even with inexpensive ammo, they all go in one teenie little hole at 20M from a bench rest, and free-hand on two 20 yard pistol targets (all I had time to shoot); 9 out of 10 in the 10 ring on both.

The mag catch snaps into place easily; is solid when the catch locks, and they feed fine; and no issues with the mags.

If I can make some room in my gun cabinet, I will buy a second one! Anyone want to buy a Norinco?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123