Thread: Greetings and Rpal Application Question.

Greetings and Rpal Application Question.

Hello to all. Long time firearm owner and hunter. Finally signed up for restricted course. Great site don't know why I didn't look at it before.

I was looking at the application for restricted licence and question 16d is regarding treatment for depression and other stuff. My family went through some pretty hard times a couple of years ago. There was medication for kid and parent, time off work. Anyway, everything back to normal, no more meds etc. Is this something I should even put on the application? Am I opening a can of worms? Do they do medical back ground checks?

Thanks

heelo

16d only applies to you. If *you* were prescribed medication and saw a doctor, then say yes. Include a note briefly explaining the situation, and place emphasis on how long ago the treatment stopped. This strategy worked for a friend of mine...the additional delays were minimal (i.e. 34 days from mail receipt to license approval for first time RPAL).

thanks for the reply. I knew it applied to me just wasn;t sure if I should include it or not.
    Experience isn't something you get till after you need it.