Thread: Undeliverable Address - Waiting on my course certification still...

Thumbs down Undeliverable Address - Waiting on my course certification still...

OK, so after two phone calls and more than a couple weeks later (did my course Aug 6th, 2016 and still no certification!) only to have the certification person tell me that the envelope was returned as address was "undeliverable". WTF?

Unless street and apartment number was transposed, which is quite a rookie mistake - it could make someone wonder if the FSESO was just bull####ting me. After all, no other government agency has any problem sending me mail. Ever. Not Revenue Canada, not Ministry of Transportation, and so on and on. No business has any issue with my address, nor personal mail.

I sent in a FAX asking for someone to look into it, with my complete address. I even asked if someone could check if the printed address on envelope was the same as what's on file - and to also compare to the address on the FAX I sent.

For god's sake... this shouldn't be happeneing. I sent in my PAL application thinking I'd already have my certification in hand a month ago. It is set to expire Dec 22, 2016.

And no, I do not care if people from licensing read this - maybe someone will take the PROPER appropriate action.

Thanks for letting me vent here. I am so unimpressed at the level of apparent ineptitude here.

So... has anyone else had this kind of crap happen to them?

Quote Originally Posted by SaginMerusan View Post
    OK, so after two phone calls and more than a couple weeks later (did my course Aug 6th, 2016 and still no certification!) only to have the certification person tell me that the envelope was returned as address was "undeliverable". WTF?

Unless street and apartment number was transposed, which is quite a rookie mistake - it could make someone wonder if the FSESO was just bull####ting me. After all, no other government agency has any problem sending me mail. Ever. Not Revenue Canada, not Ministry of Transportation, and so on and on. No business has any issue with my address, nor personal mail.

I sent in a FAX asking for someone to look into it, with my complete address. I even asked if someone could check if the printed address on envelope was the same as what's on file - and to also compare to the address on the FAX I sent.

For god's sake... this shouldn't be happeneing. I sent in my PAL application thinking I'd already have my certification in hand a month ago. It is set to expire Dec 22, 2016.

And no, I do not care if people from licensing read this - maybe someone will take the PROPER appropriate action.

Thanks for letting me vent here. I am so unimpressed at the level of apparent ineptitude here.

So... has anyone else had this kind of crap happen to them?
    SaginMerusan,
    I did my courses in early July and got my results back by the end of August (did my courses in the Toronto area).
    FSESO told us that they are no longer mailing stamped results back and are emailing them instead. When I received my results by email, I though it was spam mail. The sender is "Photocopy room" and the title of the email is "Copy of paperwork." Nothing at all indicating that it was my stamped results. I honestly would have deleted the email as spam, but fortunately my buddy opened his email and told us. It might be worthwhile going through your inbox, deleted items, and spam folder. I made the suggestion to the FSESO that they should really change the title and sender of the email to make sure that people don't accidentally delete it. Not sure if they changed anything since then.
    Also curiously enough, despite the FSESO saying otherwise, I received a paper copy of my results in the mail a couple of weeks ago (3 months after I received my results through email).

At this point with your application set to expire, I'd call them and ask them to email you the results (hopefully you put an email address down); who knows whether or not they'll mail it to the wrong address again or whether you'll even get it in time; the post office gets really busy in the rush before Christmas.

I actually had the exact same issue with RPAL test results from CFO Ontario. 4-119 is apparent an undeliverable address except that's what all my other mail goes to.

Just another stall tactic
    A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. - Theodore Roosevelt