Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New GSG-15 Rifle Preorder!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guy View Post
    Updated info in regards to the question of the internals.
    I just got an e-mail from the importers regarding this. I hope it clears up any concerns.

Good morning Guy,
    No they are not identical. The internals are proprietary specs that have afforded us the opportunity to bring it into the A&W fold with the support of GGS, as always. The stock is also a tried and true GSG stock that has been very successful on the 522, which is prohibited in Canada.

Again, we don’t take lightly in giving out the A&W coverage otherwise we would be looking at a nightmare. Take for example the SA 22. It was the mosquito which was a failure and had the internals not been revised it would have been a warranty nightmare.
    Thanks for the update regarding completely new internals. I read the ISSC V2 updated their messed up internals anyways, and I haven't heard of any Anschutz owners having any issues with theirs. They must still share some parts though, no? the Mk22 was supposed have been inspired by the FN SCAR

FN SCAR:

GSG :

ISSC:

Anschutz:

The body still looks the same right down to the seem lines on the plastic body. Barrel/barrel shroud looks the same, the flash hider looks the same (as the ISSC), the rails look the same, screw-in takedown pins look the same (most people replaced these with HK push pins), magazines look the same, charging handle looks the same (and it looks like you have three location options, just like the ISSC and Anschutz), the gas block looks the same (on the ISSC version anyway) even the flip up sights look like the Anschutz ones:

But if they say they've got completely different and proprietary internals, that's good news. Taking down the ISSC and Anschutz wasn't impossible, but a right pain in the buttocks.

Anyway, good to know that Wolverine's got our back for lifetime warrantee. At $499, that comes in less than both the ISSC and Anschutz versions.
    Last edited by Michael Dempster; 12-02-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Updated info in regards to the question of the internals.
    I just got an e-mail from the importers regarding this. I hope it clears up any concerns.

Good morning Guy,
    No they are not identical. The internals are proprietary specs that have afforded us the opportunity to bring it into the A&W fold with the support of GGS, as always. The stock is also a tried and true GSG stock that has been very successful on the 522, which is prohibited in Canada.

Again, we don’t take lightly in giving out the A&W coverage otherwise we would be looking at a nightmare. Take for example the SA 22. It was the mosquito which was a failure and had the internals not been revised it would have been a warranty nightmare.
    Thank you, Guy.

My two question on this new rifle is:

1. Are you able to lock open the bolt without a magazine inserted?
    2. Is takedown the same as the ISSCMK2, requiring much time and tools?
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

somewhere in between Saskatchewan and Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by chillyrabbit View Post
    Prohibited, I updated the HK G36 .22LR thread in rimfire discussion
    That's interesting considering that the g36 is non restricted in semi only format.
    DISCLAIMER

- First “I’ll take it” wins regardless of what dialogue is occurring
    - payment required within 12 HRS unless agreed upon prior
    - all sales on the EE are final so i ask questions before buying
    - all items sold come with 100$ insurance.

Business Member Rep
    Quite honestly at this point I would like to get one here and inspect for myself (read into that, take one out and use it, one of the perks of the job)
    That will be the best way to give the best answers back to you guys.
    I am hoping to see them late next week or early the week after that.
    Thanks to everyone that has pre-ordered so far.

Business Member Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dempster View Post
    Thanks for the update regarding completely new internals. I read the ISSC V2 updated their messed up internals anyways, and I haven't heard of any Anschutz owners having any issues with theirs. They must still share some parts though, no? the Mk22 was supposed have been inspired by the FN SCAR
    I would just like to clarify that these are NOT "completely new internals". They are refined internals. Basically GSG is building these fine firearms and putting their own name and reputation on them, not building for ISSC to their quality standards.
    I hope this clears up any confusion.

I would just like to clarify that these are NOT "completely new internals". They are refined internals. Basically GSG is building these fine firearms and putting their own name and reputation on them, not building for ISSC to their quality standards.
    I hope this clears up any confusion.
    Well, I had an ISSC with no issues and I was told it was a V2 (I've had friends with previous models, and those were definitely problematic). I also had the Anschutz version which was also flawless, and that was supposedly based off the V2, so I'm sure that if GSG has further refined their version, they must have it right by now.

I am sure if Wolverine Supplies stands by these its all good, its just strange that new rifle has no info to be found anywhere on the net, even GSG website.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    It's not gonna be like takedown on an AR-15. The only "tactical" .22's that takedown like an AR-15 are .22lr AR-15s as far as I know.
    My RX22 isn't that bad. It takes minutes. Easier than a Ruger SR22.
    I assume you just mean to separate the upper from the lower on the ISSC vs the Sr 22. Because disassembling the bolt in an ISSC/Anschutz MSR Rx22 is quite tedious. However, looking at GSG's STG 44 takedown process, it seems pretty well designed. Even the trigger pack is miles ahead of the ISSC in terms of easy access. Hopefully GSG's "revised internals" on this new gun are equally practical. A video of the disassembly would be greatly appreciated.

CGN Regular
    I had the STG-44 and MSR RX22. STG-44 was a cinch to clean, the MSR RX22 was a PITA!

Would MSR RX22 mags work in this rifle? They look very similar.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel