Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a PRINTABLE Sample PAL EXAM

Looking for a PRINTABLE Sample PAL EXAM

Hi everyone,

My dad is planning on challenging the PAL exam and is very stubborn about his abilities to safely handle a gun.

I dont doubt that he can, but I am however worried that he may get caught with some of the more specific silly questions that he wouldnt know.

My only hope is to find a sample exam that I can print out (he does not use computers) and give to him to try. I need to either make sure he knows it all or really humble him so that he takes the course and doesnt fail.

Again I know he is safe with guns, but I think some of the specifics of the course/test might cause problems.

I have found the one online test, but you cant print the questions...

Anyone know of anything I am missing?!

Help!
    Thanks
    Chad

CGN Ultra frequent flyer huntinstuff's Avatar
    Get him a CFSC manual to read. If he has any experience at all with firearms, he won't have a problem with the test.

Or read it to him. Pick thru and find stuff you don't think he knows and read it to him. Don't "test" him. Old timers hate that sh*t. Just read it to him like it's a story. Don't quiz him. It will just get him mad at you.

He will pass. He wants his PAL.

Your "dilemma" sounds familiar............lol

Trust me on this one.
    When you are born, you are given a ticket to the Freak Show...if you are born in Canada, you get a front row seat

as the noob troll seeks information on how to get guns easier than following the rules, looking for an easy PAL?

Thanks for joining today and making a brilliant first post.

Study and learn...if dad fails...dad shouldn't have access to a firearm

Get your "dad" to actually learn something and pass the test with confidence. Do you not want your "dad" to be safe behind a firearm?

Knowledge is power. Cheaters are bad.

BANNED
    I saw a few "old timers" and "know it alls" fail the PAL test....simple things like checking the head stamp of the ammo against the info on the firearm etc....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer huntinstuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coltfan View Post
    I saw a few "old timers" and "know it alls" fail the PAL test....simple things like checking the head stamp of the ammo against the info on the firearm etc....
    U bet. Those are the exact things the noob should be focusing on with his dad......My advice to this fella was to get the manual and read it to his dad, or get dad to read it. Chances are he will not know some things on the test and the manual covers it. Might even learn something.

Some old timers are pretty good, but I know a few that are unsafe. Age doesn't mean a lot when stupidity is involved:D

I've had one person fail the test with me since 1995. And he was a guide.
    When you are born, you are given a ticket to the Freak Show...if you are born in Canada, you get a front row seat

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Woodsman's Avatar
    It isn't cheating to try tests in advance. This is done all the time at college and university level. There are many different versions of the test and all he'll end up doing is learning the material anyways.

No worries though. It's a pretty straight forward test.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer heavenIsAlie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    It isn't cheating to try tests in advance. This is done all the time at college and university level. There are many different versions of the test and all he'll end up doing is learning the material anyways.

No worries though. It's a pretty straight forward test.
    there is only 4 tests isnt there?not like univ where its a new test every year twice a year
    Protect yourself because no one else here will save you

i wouldn't worry about the PAL test that much. It is multiple choice and i thought very easy. i studied way to much. I could of done it with only reading the book twice instead of obsessing with the text and reading it 5 times. the test has questions like

1. #6 and .410 are types of shot? true or false

2. the person in the picture is demontrating what type of carry

a. arm B. sling C. two-hand carry D. None of the above

3. it is legal to store a firearm in your vehicle if..
    A. you are parked under a tree in the shade
    B. you are in the middle of no where
    C. the gun is unloaded, locked and out of sight in a locked vehicle
    D. as long as ammunition for the gun is not stored in the same vehicle

4. What shooting position is the steadiest?
    A. prone
    b. standing
    c. sitting
    d. sniping

5. the three main parts to a gun are
    a. stock, barrel , action
    b. firearm, magazine, ammunition
    c. .......
    d .......

The practical part is not hard but way easier to fail. you instantly fail if you point the gun at a person during any part of the practical. you also loose marks if he sees your fingers in the trigger gaurd at any moment or pointing the gun at anything but what he considers to be down range. He asked me to cross an imaginary fence using the proper techniques. He gave me a gun and a bucket of ammo and said find the correct ammuition for this rifle. from the bucket show me a slug. From the bucket labelled dummy's find 2 , 2 3/4" rounds in 12 gauge and load then into the firearm. load one of the shells to fire. now unload the gun.

During all this you have to use ACTS and PROVE every gun safe everytime you pick up a gun. even if you prove it safe then put it down and pick it up a minute later.

watch out for the instructor leaving a dummy round in a rifle when he gives it to you. he expects you to find it when you PROVE it safe.

it helped me to talk outload as i was doing each step. also that way the instructor knows the steps you are taking.

i found the practical to be harder than the written more so because i was nervous about forgeting a step like verify the feed path or examine the bore every time.

There are no trick questions on the exam either. good luck
    a friend will bail you out of jail. Your best friend will be sitting beside you saying "damn that #### was fun"

Perception is reality

Quote Originally Posted by chezboy View Post
    i wouldn't worry about the PAL test that much. It is multiple choice and i thought very easy. i studied way to much. I could of done it with only reading the book twice instead of obsessing with the text and reading it 5 times. the test has questions like

1. #6 and .410 are types of shot? true or false

2. the person in the picture is demontrating what type of carry

a. arm B. sling C. two-hand carry D. None of the above

3. it is legal to store a firearm in your vehicle if..
    A. you are parked under a tree in the shade
    B. you are in the middle of no where
    C. the gun is unloaded, locked and out of sight in a locked vehicle
    D. as long as ammunition for the gun is not stored in the same vehicle

4. What shooting position is the steadiest?
    A. prone
    b. standing
    c. sitting
    d. sniping

5. the three main parts to a gun are
    a. stock, barrel , action
    b. firearm, magazine, ammunition
    c. .......
    d .......

The practical part is not hard but way easier to fail. you instantly fail if you point the gun at a person during any part of the practical. you also loose marks if he sees your fingers in the trigger gaurd at any moment or pointing the gun at anything but what he considers to be down range. He asked me to cross an imaginary fence using the proper techniques. He gave me a gun and a bucket of ammo and said find the correct ammuition for this rifle. from the bucket show me a slug. From the bucket labelled dummy's find 2 , 2 3/4" rounds in 12 gauge and load then into the firearm. load one of the shells to fire. now unload the gun.

During all this you have to use ACTS and PROVE every gun safe everytime you pick up a gun. even if you prove it safe then put it down and pick it up a minute later.

watch out for the instructor leaving a dummy round in a rifle when he gives it to you. he expects you to find it when you PROVE it safe.

it helped me to talk outload as i was doing each step. also that way the instructor knows the steps you are taking.

i found the practical to be harder than the written more so because i was nervous about forgeting a step like verify the feed path or examine the bore every time.

There are no trick questions on the exam either. good luck
    why don't start a thread thats titled "It's easy to get a gun in Canada"?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast