Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FN five-seven

FN five-seven

I read that the five-seven is no longer prohib in canada due to the fact you can purchase normal ammo for it rather then ap rd's. is this true?

thanks... sorry if this is a repeat, did a search came back as a "no"

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    I read that the five-seven is no longer prohib in canada due to the fact you can purchase normal ammo for it rather then ap rd's. is this true?

thanks... sorry if this is a repeat, did a search came back as a "no"
    Yes, you can have one for ~ $1300.

In case you're interested, my brother (in LE in Texas) organized a demo with an FN rep for some fellow Police Chiefs and was really impressed with the Five -Seven saying "The five-seven didn't kick at all, you could fire as fast as you wanted and still be on target."
    His favorite was the P90 on full auto though... lucky bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by SBranson23 View Post
    In case you're interested, my brother (in LE in Texas) organized a demo with an FN rep for some fellow Police Chiefs and was really impressed with the Five -Seven saying "The five-seven didn't kick at all, you could fire as fast as you wanted and still be on target."
    His favorite was the P90 on full auto though... lucky bastard.
    Yeah, because it's pretty much a high-velocity .22. But a nice collector piece.

i have fired the five-seven in vegas at the gun store http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/rental.htm
    i fell in love with it right away. they also have a number of full autos, if you ever go to vegas check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by koalorka View Post
    Yes, you can have one for ~ $1300.
    cool! can anyone recommend a go retailer in Calgary?
    Last edited by Konrad; 03-11-2008 at 01:09 AM.

BANNED
    Yeah, good luck fnding ammo for it though. I would be alot more interested if it used Nato sized ammo.

I have one in transfer from questar.ca (site sponsor).
    Last I heard he said there was still one left @ $1399 + shipping.
    I dont think the gun itself was ever considered prohib, it was always the AP ammo that was originally intended to be used for LE and Military.
    FN has a separate division in the US called FNUSA www.funusa.com (go figure) they currently make a few rounds that are classified as sporting rounds. Mopar guy (forum member) currently has a P90 on order I believe, and has been approved to bring in some 5.7 ammo. I am working on a lead here in Canada that has 30,000 pieces of brass that he wants to sell. I also found some ammo at a place in Saskatchewan for $69.99 per box.

The ammo is around, as I was told... you just need to find it.
    In the end I am going to load my own.

CK

It seems like everything that makes the Five Seven special becomes moot in Canada.

AP rounds are a no go.

20 Round mags are a no go.

Take those two factors away from the Five Seven and what are you really left with?

I'd still love to have one but it'd be lower on my list than guns that one could own without compromising the spirit of what they're all about.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Longshot's Avatar
    The 5-7 would be fun to have around for general plinking and stuff.From what I understand the actual round has serious issues as a personal defence round.
    "Guns don't kill people.People kill people.Guns defend people from people with....smaller guns."

Not the

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    The 5-7 would be fun to have around for general plinking and stuff.From what I understand the actual round has serious issues as a personal defence round.
    SS195.....:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast