Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restricted PAL Test Tips?

xxxxx

congrats, you youngster!!!

the scores are just right, i subscribe to the conspiracy theory that one should never score 100% on any firearms test, makes you stand out as a "perfect gun nut", and i think the feds keep a hit list, just like the McCarthy era which targeted potential commies and which publications one subscribes to.

now go and buy whatever you have a fancy for (in every category you are entitled to), before you get married and have someone else scrutinize or criticize your budget!!

Amen John!
    I challenged both my RPAL and PAL too, and I actually got 100% on the PAL tests and then didn't study the books as hard for the RPAL and only got 96% and 97% respectively on it. No trouble getting my license after that though, so I'm not sure about the conspiracy theory bit, although I found it very strange that the CFC called me and asked me all the questions that I filled out on the forms word for word. I was afraid if I didn't answer exactly as I had written they would deny, but no problems in the end... other than the wait time of about 50 days!!!
    The weirdest thing I found about the practical test was that the guy handed me a prohib, snub-nosed 38 special for the double action, revolver!! LOL I thought this was a restricted test I said to him! Actually I was sorta hoping if I did a good job with it I could get grandfathered into the "good stuff" too, but no such luck. ;-)
    Good for you for passing in the end! Well done. Now go buy that M16 we all want.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpruner View Post
    Amen John!
    No trouble getting my license after that though, so I'm not sure about the conspiracy theory bit, although I found it very strange that the CFC called me and asked me all the questions that I filled out on the forms word for word. I was afraid if I didn't answer exactly as I had written they would deny, but no problems in the end... other than the wait time of about 50 days!!!
    Yea, they phoned me while I was at the gym asking those questions... and I sorta forgot to let my parents know that they would be getting interrogated by the gestapo ... Who knows what they were thinking when they saw the RCMP calling about their little baby

hehehe... This is the CFC calling... Do you know your son is about to go on a shooting spree with the new RESTRICTED weapons of mass destruction that he will undoubtedly buy from Saddaam Hussein and Hitler's ghost? NO??!! You're a terrible parent and should hang your head in shame. DENIED!
    Then they probably goose-stepped in their jack boots over to the shredder with your application. LOL

thanks for the info

Old thread still relevant though. Welcome to the forum medicmat!

Don't point it at your instructor

Oh and here's what lost me a couple marks. They had a little piece of paper that said "ATT" and another piece of paper that says "RPAL".

I didn't even see them. If they're there, put them in the locking case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12