Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HERA H6 Rifle .223 Rem 18 inch barrel Non-Restricted PRE-ORDER

Got hung up on a branch during its fall out of the ugly tree

Quote Originally Posted by chanrobi View Post
    Lol eta was june 2023 ...
    Would I be correct in assuming that the deposits on these are “non-refundable”?

Quote Originally Posted by LexInfidelis View Post
    Would I be correct in assuming that the deposits on these are “non-refundable”?
    Unless I'm reading it wrong...it isn't merely a deposit, it's the full purchase price?

There have been way, way, way too many ongoing horror stories regarding various pre-orders on CGN. Personally, I don't care how attractive, how perfect, how irresistible a new gun may be...I am never paying for or even putting down a deposit on one until it's on the shelf. I still shake my head at how long some folks who had put down money waited for their original WK180...I think that's what they were calling them then...after I had already put a couple thousand rounds through my first one.

I'm not pointing a finger at Marstar with this comment; I don't even recall any pre-order fiascos related to them, and will order this gun from them in a heartbeat when it is in stock. But pre-orders in general seem to be fraught with difficulty, disappointment and frustration. Shooting is supposed to be fun, not stress-filled.
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    Unless I'm reading it wrong...it isn't merely a deposit, it's the full purchase price?

There have been way, way, way too many ongoing horror stories regarding various pre-orders on CGN. Personally, I don't care how attractive, how perfect, how irresistible a new gun may be...I am never paying for or even putting down a deposit on one until it's on the shelf. I still shake my head at how long some folks who had put down money waited for their original WK180...I think that's what they were calling them then...after I had already put a couple thousand rounds through my first one.

I'm not pointing a finger at Marstar with this comment; I don't even recall any pre-order fiascos related to them, and will order this gun from them in a heartbeat when it is in stock. But pre-orders in general seem to be fraught with difficulty, disappointment and frustration. Shooting is supposed to be fun, not stress-filled.
    I’d like to preface this post by saying that I’m not posting this to provide legal advice, I am only giving you an account of a situation I dealt with. I had a rather unfortunate experience with a vendor involving a pre-order and several thousand dollars of my money. The vendor refused to answer emails and phone calls and when I eventually received a response I was told my order would be” fulfilled”. The goal post started at a few weeks, then quickly became six months and by the end I had waited a full year. After demanding a refund several times with no communication from the seller, I was fed up and began the dispute process through my credit card company.

After a two months of investigation my dispute was successfully won as it was found that the vendor broke the merchant agreement. I was happy to recover what was a large some of money that had been tied up and essentially held hostage for a year! Fast forward a few more months and I find out that I have been sent to collections for the full cost of the item I never received. My credit took a small hit, but I felt it was time for the gloves to come off and hire a lawyer. This was the best decision I could have made!

It was found that the vendor broke consumer protection legislation in my province and could face stiff fines for
    misrepresentation. Through the small claims process I had forced the vendor to remove the collections entry and received some damages. For those out there looking to dump a large sum of money into a “pre-order” I urge you to beware. If you place a deposit or “pre-order” on a product consumer protection legislation in most provinces states that you are entitled to a refund 30 days from the date of purchase if the item has not been received, or 30 days from the estimated delivery date. Anyway, I hoped sharing my situation would help some people reconsider how much they’re willing to invest in a “pre-order”.

^^^ Another horror story, and probably the worst one yet that I have read. Glad it worked out for you...eventually...
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

Care to share or PM me which sponsor sent you to collections? I will gladly never spend a cent with them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12