Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tikka 695 bottom metal, any interest?

Well now I will have to look at my 695

I've had it for 2 decades and no problems with the stainless rusting

I thought the trigger was metal
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

I have a Tikka M595 Master Sporter and I am delighted to see this post! I would definitely love to replace the plastic bottom with a nitrided steel one. Can I get a link or PM with more details?

Just an update, We are moving forward on this. I've got a couple 695s here for reference (still on the look out for a 595 or two. if someone has one and are interested in bottom metal shoot me a PM).
    Currently working on drawings and dimensions. That side mag release is the crux of it. The lever pin hole is much better suited to a molded part than to machining. I've got a couple ideas though so we'll play with it and see what we come up with.
    We wont likely have an end product for a few months as we've still got a shop to run but I'll do my best to keep post updates as we progress!
    AKA leelad
    www.prprecisionrifles.com
    On Facebook
    On Instagram

“Where Performance and Elegance meet” P.R. Precision

“Because life is too short to own an ugly gun...”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12