Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canadian Credit Cards with no foreign exchange transaction fees

Quote Originally Posted by AllinsonChris View Post
    If y'all are good using a visa debit, check out WISE. Their exchange rates are good and you can hold other currencies as well. I have WISE linked to my bank account, so it costs $0 to send money to my WISE account only when I need it. They also let you create virtual visa cards that you can freeze on command.
    My friend’s account on wise was recently blocked and they didn’t tell me why. They just wrote that he can appeal. And after I submitted it, they finally blocked the account and said that they would not explain anything. Although he certainly did not commit any illegal actions. Very strange policy. I read on DashDevs details about ewallet app development. And it seems to me that companies offering digital wallets should be more open about their actions and explain to the user why their account was blocked. Perhaps this is due to some security bug or something else
    Last edited by Ghocyribal; 04-30-2024 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghocyribal View Post
    My friend recently had his wise account blocked, and they didn't say why. They just mentioned he could appeal. But after he did, they permanently blocked the account without explaining anything. Even though he definitely didn't do anything illegal. Very strange policy.
    Maybe they're getting out of the business? Something similar happened to me with my Amazon VISA.

CGN Regular
    If you're on TD, and have a TD direct investing account, you can open a usd chequing account with a visa card that charges NO forex fees.

You simply pay it off with your regular chequing account every month (or whatever). I only leanred this when I called them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12