so I took this for a run last night on a moonless night in the woods.

Overall, quite the slick optic. VERY good night vision, even without an illuminator, but it definitely would benefit from one. Tons of options, way more than my vortex UH-1 (obviously) for only a few hundred more. It's big, it's heavy, and looks crazy, but what a cool optic. Takes pics and video too, so that YOUR samsqanch photos will be as green and blurry as any others on the net!!

Negatives: It's tall so co-witness with irons is possible, but not in the center of the visual sight, down near the bottom so a bit awkward. The function buttons feel chinese, there's no other way to say it, they feel like they move around under the rubber, might get stuck or break. They feel EXACTLY like the buttons on a copy Eotech I got years ago, and not like the REAL Eotech I have, if that makes sense. I'd feel better with a warranty like vortex that's for sure (I'm not sure what warranty comes with this).

Overall, this thing is kickass for the $$. Yes it's a lot, but 100% can be used as a late night "varmint" seeker. Oh and looking up at the stars with this is CRAZY. Even in the pitch black out here I can't see as many stars as this thing can... I was expecting an aliexpress quiality optic, I'm pleased to be wrong on that.