Page 232 of 382 FirstFirst ... 212222224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240242252 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 3816

Thread: All-New: Type 81M

Quote Originally Posted by JayCorbett View Post
    So the external of the barrel on my gun looks like a layer is "peeling" off. I'm guessing the barrel bluing wasn't done properly? Not sure if I should even bother TI with something so miniscule. Might just bring it to a local smith to look at and see what's up. Just something to look out for guys. Hope you get yours soon.
    post pics

These guns are phosphated I believe not blued
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGTA View Post
    289XX got the order processing email last night at 2:30am. Ordered on March 18
    Same! 288xx

The race is on!

Same.
    289xxx ordered March 17, now processing March 28 at like 11:30pm.

Either working super late, or clicking through order statuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Skool Soldier View Post
    according to my buddy,2876XX just updated to processing as of today..ordered on the 16th..
    291xx on the 24th for comparison on dates and orders

Quote Originally Posted by ganger631 View Post
    277xx Ordered on Mar 12. Still no shippment. I tried calling and emailing.... No one picked up and I'm still awaiting email response
    I’m in the same boat and my order number is 268. Ordered on Mar 12 as well. Tried calling and emailing too. No response unfortunately. I understand that they might be overwhelmed with orders but would like to know if its an error on my end and something I can fix to expedite the process.

Quote Originally Posted by GTNgo View Post
    I’m in the same boat and my order number is 268. Ordered on Mar 12 as well. Tried calling and emailing too. No response unfortunately. I understand that they might be overwhelmed with orders but would like to know if its an error on my end and something I can fix to expedite the process.
    Me as well I'm order number 266. Ordered about 45 minutes after it dropped been processing since day 1. I tried calling and emailing but they haven't answered.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayden17 View Post
    Me as well I'm order number 266. Ordered about 45 minutes after it dropped been processing since day 1. I tried calling and emailing but they haven't answered.
    you shoulda received yours two weeks ago... send a message to op on this thread.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dmitri's Avatar
    Sorry double post
    Last edited by Dmitri; 03-29-2024 at 12:54 PM.

JayCorbett: Same with mine, receiver was mint, but the barrel job was sloppy. Feels as though they applied too much of the phosphate/blue or whatever it is, it made “bubbles “ the bubbles dried and popped. That’s the best i can describe it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dmitri's Avatar

Hey guys, i finally received my underfolder this Tuesday (271××) . And i sure do have mixed feelings.. the only other Type 81 i own or ever bought is t81 SR, even thought i held out for 5 years from entering t81 club, the SR was just too sexy to pass up. Considering how many SVD clones i made in the past, this was a no brainer. So i am relatively new in T81 space with only the SR to compare to.
    So i must say the SR is far superior in quality comparing to the newly received underfolder. The phosphate finish on this "M" is pretty thin and has blemishes in various places. the dust cover looks a bit crooked/twisted and doesnt fit the receiver as nice as SR. The underfolder is solid side to side, but it does have that 1/4" up and down slack.
    Now my least favorite part.. after field stripping the rifle and carefully observing it i understood where all these misaligned barrel issues comes from. There are 4 rivets that fasten barrel extension to the receiver, two on each side. So if barrel is nicely pressed into the receiver prior to drilling and riveting it, the rifle turns out perfectly straight. For some weird reason, perhaps flawed jigs, some barrels are not properly/evenly inserted into the receiver. Resulting in all kinds of angled variations .. So, again, i dont know how all the other models compared to this last shipment, and i doubt that majority of the "M" guns are as bad. But seeing how nice the SR is in comparison, there is much to be desired..

Now lets get to the pics.
    Here is an example of the blemish on the receiver:

And here is the difference between SR blued dust cover vs. M

SR:

"M":

And here are some pics of nicely pinned SR barrel, vs M

SR:

M:

As you guys see there are some serious differences. I still really want to own an M model, and i dont see why there needs to be a compromise in quality, considering it comes from the same factory...

Here are few other observations when comparing SR to M

The part of the receiver, where barrel is inserted, looks different. SR has longer block with pins positioned farther apart. The barrel block on the M model is cut shorter with both pins closer together.. not sure why that is..

Also all 4 pins on the SR are same large size.. and the M version has two smaller pins at the rear

Here is the gas system and barrel profile difference between the two models..

Hope you guys find this info helpful, and i would like to know why there is such difference between the last two shipments, and these were only 1 year apart..

For those that are wondering how to improve this toy looking orange finish on the furniture, i will post some step by step tutorial as soon as i know whats happening with this particular rifle, i'll wait for TI to respond with suggestions..
    But here is the type of finish you can achieve with same wood..
    (As long as its the same wood that was used as on SRs.. i will know once i dig into the new set)

Last edited by Dmitri; 03-29-2024 at 04:38 PM.