Page 219 of 380 FirstFirst ... 199209211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227229239 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3797

Thread: All-New: Type 81M

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feminist View Post
    There's 60 minutes in a degree.
    Goes to show how quickly things can get out of hand optic wise with a misaligned trunnion even at TIs spec. Aligning a basic / old school optic like a Vortex Crossfire, PSO's, POSPs, Russian red dots on a bent Type 81 in a worse case scenario can gobble up at least 70% of your windage adjustment. But then again lots of nicer optics have like 100 plus MOA of adjustment too.
    Just saying it how it is.....

Received my fixed 81 today, everything's great except the LOP (maybe an inch short). How can I make it longer without supporting those greedy Sigmaco parts scalpers?

Those kick eez spacers likely works but I'm concerned about the concave shape on the butt

Quote Originally Posted by TTTimothy View Post
    Received my fixed 81 today, everything's great except the LOP (maybe an inch short). How can I make it longer without supporting those greedy Sigmaco parts scalpers?

Those kick eez spacers likely works but I'm concerned about the concave shape on the butt
    Stack a couple of Maxi pads.

GP25 style buttpad will give you some extra space.

UTG buttpad works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    GP25 style buttpad will give you some extra space.
    and would look cool too
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

Picked my fixed-stock up at the post office yesterday. The good news is my muzzle brake and sling were in the box (plus the two 5/30 mags). The bad news: only one of the two "spare 5/5 magazines" I ordered was in my box (I'll send off an email to TI today). With all of the comments in this group I checked for a "bent stock" and yep - very noticeable when looking down from the top. With the barrel pointed forward, my rear stock is canted to my left. Not sure if I would have immediately noticed it, except for I was looking for it as soon as I opened the box.

Gun shoulders just fine and I took it to my local range (25 m indoors). We can't shoot anything that sticks to a magnet, so I put through a couple boxes of my handloads featuring Berry's plated bullets and BLC2 powder. All rounds went BANG and the gun cycled well. The short length of pull doesn't bother me (I'm 6' and over 250lb) but wearing my ear muff hearing protection makes it hard to get a good sight picture - definitely need those orange foam ear plugs when shooting this.

The sights were good out of the box left/right with my hand loads. I had to crank the elevation up to "5" (I assume 500m) to get close to point-of-aim / point-of-impact but again, handloads at 25 yards.

Next up (after emailing TI) is to take it to my outdoor range and put through milsurp ammo at 100 yards. Definitely a fun gun to shoot and love it just as much (so far) as my SR and LMG. I should probably buy more ammo.

Thank you TI for bringing these in to Canada. In my not-so-humble opinion, all of these Type 81s are well worth what I paid (YMMV - I'm biased!)
    From south-south-south-west-west-west-south-south-south-south-west Ontario. Go as far southwest as you can go.

CGN Regular
    looks like Gnutzguy has video up

My Samson underfolder cheek rest came in, should fit nicely on the Type 81. This design lets the stock still fold and lock closed
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGTA View Post
    My Samson underfolder cheek rest came in, should fit nicely on the Type 81. This design lets the stock still fold and lock closed
    Awesome. Keep us updated