Page 376 of 387 FirstFirst ... 356366368369370371372373374375376377378379380381382383384386 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 3869

Thread: All-New: Type 81M

Quote Originally Posted by Armtriangle View Post
    I was broke since i was in university - i might be misinformed then, was just going off of what i seen online on reddit and this forum. Im wanting to get more involved in firearms now that i have disposable income. Didn't mean to come off as suspicious.
    I am glad you are in a better place and are looking forward to getting into the hobby, have fun shooting your purchases; I would avoid the 2nd and third hand internet gossip and form your own opinions from actual hands on experience.

One other thing, Norinco/Ploytech is not know for quality, this is highy documented; those expecting consistent quality from a Norinco/Polytech product have not done their home work. I mentioned previously in an earlier post the M305s that came with improperly indexed barrels, or cracked frames on their sig knock offs, or the T97 with the barrel/gas gouge just to name a few instances of their poor QC.

Norinco is budget friendly, if you want a quality AK style platform you should look at a Valmet, Norinco/Poly have always been a crap shoot at best.
    It does not make it right, but it's the reality.
    Enjoy your new T81
    Last edited by josey wales; 04-23-2024 at 07:17 PM.
    Play stupid games...Win stupid prizes.
    WARNING Does Not Play Well With Others
    CSSA and CCFR member

Got some more goodies on the 81M.

MOE AK grip took abit of fitting but feels rock solid

The master mount rail is topped with a PA Prism 3x

Got a Mlok TI handguard on order and then just have to figure out what kind of stock to put on it >.<

God that AK grip looks so good!

Anyone know where there are guides on these rifles? Tips/tricks, how to best adjust the sights .... that kind of thing? I've read the user manual that ships with the rifle, but it doesn't cover much.

Also, my rifle is shooting high at 25 yards (yeah, I know). The rear sight is set in position "4". Is this an elevation adjustment, and does the 4 equate to something like 400 yards? I'd like to learn more about this platform, I'm just not sure where to start and I'd rather learn before making blind adjustments.

Merovingian> That rifle looks sweet, nice job.
    Play stupid games...Win stupid prizes.
    WARNING Does Not Play Well With Others
    CSSA and CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by SIG FAN View Post
    God that AK grip looks so good!

Anyone know where there are guides on these rifles? Tips/tricks, how to best adjust the sights .... that kind of thing? I've read the user manual that ships with the rifle, but it doesn't cover much.
    Also, my rifle is shooting high at 25 yards (yeah, I know). The rear sight is set in position "4". Is this an elevation adjustment, and does the 4 equate to something like 400 yards? I'd like to learn more about this platform, I'm just not sure where to start and I'd rather learn before making blind adjustments.
    The rear sight numbers are in 100 of meters. "1" is 100m, "2" is 200m etc. At 25 yards you should set up at the "1" (on the small dent which is made on the left side of the front sight block) by turning both knobs together.. Then, you have to regulate the front sight post with a tool which is provided in the small, plastic, black box which came with the rifle. The front sight post is threaded and you can move it up and down for elevation like a screw. Windage is also regulated at the front sight by moving it to the left or right in a dovetail. For this, you have to release the hex bolt on front sight with a small wrench which is also provided in that plastic tool box.
    Last edited by 05RAV; 04-23-2024 at 08:53 PM.
    NFA CCFR CSSA
    CPC PC Ontario

Asked TI about the mark on the receiver. It is welded rivet and just part of how they are. Some are more noticeable than others.

No affect for functioning

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    No plans unfortunately
    Thanks! By the way, I received my underfolder and it is straight AF. I'm bringing it to the shooting range this weekend.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Got some more goodies on the 81M.

MOE AK grip took abit of fitting but feels rock solid

The master mount rail is topped with a PA Prism 3x

Got a Mlok TI handguard on order and then just have to figure out what kind of stock to put on it >.<

How is that micro prism attached? Looks pretty darn low....
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Underfolder finally arrived. Everything looks straight, will take it to the range this weekend and see how it shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    How is that micro prism attached? Looks pretty darn low....
    It has 3 mounting holes that interface with the side mount. The side mount has holes all down the center of it.

The PA prism came with a ton of mounting options too so I may raise it up when i replace the wooden stock.