Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger PCC 19125

Quote Originally Posted by hilander21 View Post
    Which ones?
    FX9. No tools, 2 x push pins, get the bolt apart and firing pin out in like 15 seconds or less from full assembled, literally.

Even the FPC is not that bad - it requires a small flat head to pop out a pin/retainer roller, but pretty quick otherwise.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    FX9. No tools, 2 x push pins, get the bolt apart and firing pin out in like 15 seconds or less from full assembled, literally.

Even the FPC is not that bad - it requires a small flat head to pop out a pin/retainer roller, but pretty quick otherwise.
    The FPC looks interesting, cheaper and lighter however I am not sure I could trust that folding mechanism.

FX9? Yeah, I wish. That's even harder to find now than the Ruger PCC. Unless I am mistaken (wish I am), it is NOT available anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Eyed Cowboy View Post
    Totally understand, might be worth the effort to contact some of your local retailers to see if they have any coming in, just to narrow your search. If and when they do appear you better act fast.

May I suggest if you do get a chance to pickup this model check the take down adjustment tension wheel, make sure it moves freely enough that you can feel the barrel tighten or loosen up. If by chance you can't move the wheel ,then the gun was not assembled properly at the factory or someone else was screwing with it. This happens to be an issue discussed on the Ruger forums, plus if I recall correctly somewhere in the instructions there are cautionary notes about the takeup system adjustment.

In my particular case the wheel was misaligned and would not move either way and I had to much play in the barrel/receiver connection and could not tighten it up to take out the slack. On the Ruger forum just happens one of the mod's was a Ruger tech and posted instructions on how to take apart that mechanism and realign the assembly for correct takeup adjustment. Works perfect now
    Appreciate the advice, I will certainly keep it in mind. This is not the first time I am hearing this.

Quote Originally Posted by rnash View Post
    FX9? Yeah, I wish. That's even harder to find now than the Ruger PCC. Unless I am mistaken (wish I am), it is NOT available anywhere.
    Correct - the FX9 non-restricted has always been a popular seller and gets snagged right away.

Wolverine (the Canadian distributor) does have some restricted FX9s in stock last I checked - think they are 8" and a shorter version (less than 5", I don't remember).

Something else to keep in mind for this rifle and in my opinion, is a drawback - the manual says to torque the two main screws/bolts to 65 inch/pounds (no that is not a typo). I was very leery doing this every time as this was the top limit of my Wheeler FAT screwdriver and I tell you, it was borderline stripping the screws/bolts. The fact that you need tools to take this apart for cleaning was a bit of a downer. But torquing it to that amount was not something I was happy to do. It is just as well that I stopped using the carbine a number of years ago once I got some other ones that were better for takedown/cleaning and was less barrel heavy.
    What size are the screws you are tightening to 65 inch pounds?

I don't have the carbine anymore (sold it a couple of weeks ago) but the online manual is here, and on page 39, it indicates the 2 x 5/32" takedown hex screws, torqued to 65 inch-pounds.

https://ruger-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/...ne_Chassis.pdf

tagged for the side folder interest

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hilander21 View Post
    Yeah, the 19140 does look nice, can any dealers comment whether we could see it in Canada soon?
    One shown is the 16.5 incher.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rnash View Post
    Good morning,

I was planning to stop by today to pick up a Ruger PCC with the collapsible stock https://alflahertys.com/ruger-pc-car...-barrel-19125/

To my disappointment, it is no longer available Any idea if/when it will be back in stock? Do you have an ETA?

Thanks.
    The fourth Ave. Canadian Tire in St. Catharines had one for sale about a week ago. The price was about the same ($1250-1300). You could always give them a call. Ask for Nick in sporting goods. He's the gun guy at that store.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast