Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Any chance of non restricted importation of QCQ-171, QBZ-191 or QWC-05?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffice View Post
    People who say that don't seem to know a lot about the import of goods into Canada. I'm not saying that's the case with you, but Canada has this for tens of thousand of goods across the country many of which are actually made specifically for the Canadian market not to mention Quebec.

I discount nothing. The original T97 rifles were literally redesigned exclusively for us. The T-81 has been redesigned exclusively for us. Many other firearms such as the CZ offerings we had and have, Skorp Evo, 858 etc even Wolverine had a special version of the 858 built just for Canada at one time.

You discount the actual purchasing power of being able to markup the product to an EXTREME premium for insanely low effort. Many many firearms companies continue to do this here and other places around the globe. There is also the prestige of selling in the North American market, which is a factor in scaling and offering the product to other places. If it's successful here, it's often good to go for Europe, the Philippines etc. Selling 5k rifles in Canada is actually a big deal for many firearms companies as that covers the extremely limited R and D needed to create a rifle to our spec which is then easily offered all over.

The T97 version we have is showing up in other countries, the CZ offering became the Skorp Evo Carbine, all that good stuff.
    Well I simply state the fact from Chinese manufacturers' pov. The truth is that selling 5k rifles in Canada (I doubt which model even reach this amount, T81 maybe close to? Any statistic?) is NOT a big deal for the factories in China, if you still don't get what OC and scale effect means...

The reason that we were lucky enough to have these Canadian specific models are mostly due to the factories "just have the right spare parts" and can be modified without changing current production too much.

Of course any of these Chinese rifles would be a "success in Canadian market" once modified and imported considering how few options we have here. But it's the importers that got the taste of fruit since they are likely to be sold 10x here (it took a lot effort and connection to persuade China side to make these things for them so don't rush calling them "capitalist pigs!"). But for the factories in China, this scale of quota is a drop in the bucket comparing to other orders they have.
    Last edited by Army2006; 04-26-2024 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Army2006 View Post
    Well I simply state the fact from Chinese manufacturers' pov. The truth is that selling 5k rifles in Canada (I doubt which model even reach this amount, T81 maybe close to? Any statistic?) is NOT a big deal for the factories in China, if you still don't get what OC and scale effect means...

The reason that we were lucky enough to have these Canadian specific models are mostly due to the factories "just have the right spare parts" and can be modified without changing current production too much.

Of course any of these Chinese rifles would be a "success in Canadian market" once modified and imported considering how few options we have here. But it's the importers that got the taste of fruit since they are likely to be sold 10x here (it took a lot effort and connection to persuade China side to make these things for them so don't rush calling them "capitalist pigs!"). But for the factories in China, this scale of quota is a drop in the bucket comparing to other orders they have.
    Are you the Chinese Manufacturer? How is this “fact” I have provided examples showing the exact contrary to that. There is no “drop in the bucket” order in today’s markets. Made from spare parts just laying around? You know this for sure, or are simply assuming and providing conjecture?

I import for one of the largest defence projects in this country. You’re quite simply wrong, unless you have “facts” private between you and the big wigs at the monolithic “Chinese factories”.

Scale effect only occurs at stand up of a production line. Once you have a line in place you have to squeeze every possible outcome you can from it to achieve ROI. These lines have existed for decades - trust me, a small order from some African country and a few thousand from Canada are just pure profit regardless of whatever small changes they have to make, which is evidenced by the number of variations of say T-81 exclusive (read that again, EXCLUSIVE) to the Canadian market.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffice View Post
    Once you have a line in place you have to squeeze every possible outcome you can from it to achieve ROI. These lines have existed for decades - trust me, a small order from some African country and a few thousand from Canada are just pure profit regardless of whatever small changes they have to make, which is evidenced by the number of variations of say T-81 exclusive (read that again, EXCLUSIVE) to the Canadian market.
    +1 to this.

The Type 81 began production in the 80s. The Chinese are still profiting from it. Why stop?

I can almost guarantee they are making at least 100% profit when selling to TI - these rifles cost very little to manufacture since everything is already set up and ROI has been reached decades ago…

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234