Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    getting low on these!
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Have to say, it really is an upgrade over Gen 1....and I liked the Gen 1s.
    Slava Ukraini
    Beholden to neither left nor right, just calling the world as I see it
    "I literally just directly quoted your use of colour revolution techniques..."

Really! a 33.2% increase in price from what I paid for my Ruger Ranch 7.62x39 exactly 3 years ago. Highly doubt I'd see a 33% increase in accuracy, functionality or whatever else.

But it certainly looks better than my 3 year old 7.62x39!

What's that Gen 1 go for new in stores now?
    Slava Ukraini

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ipscshooters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    What's that Gen 1 go for new in stores now?
    Seen them as low as 679 for the Gen 1s......

Quote Originally Posted by Ipscshooters View Post
    Seen them as low as 679 for the Gen 1s......
    Man, I haven't seen lower than $800 in a long time, and thats the lowest end.

Sold a Gen 1 I had bought for $650 to pick up the Gen 2 and not regretting it.
    Slava Ukraini

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Eyed Cowboy View Post
    Really! a 33.2% increase in price from what I paid for my Ruger Ranch 7.62x39 exactly 3 years ago. Highly doubt I'd see a 33% increase in accuracy, functionality or whatever else.

But it certainly looks better than my 3 year old 7.62x39!
    Bolt guns are a game of diminishing returns in a big way. A new Sako rifle in 6.5cm will run you an average of about 2 grand depending on the model. You are not getting 2.5x the accuracy or functionality of a Ruger American in 6.5cm. BUT when you use the Sako, you can tell it’s a nicer, more expensive, more refined, more reliable gun.

Additionally, the cost of literally anything 3 years ago compared to now is going to be much more expensive.

Now for an apples to apples comparison, Ruger American Gen 1 vs Gen 2…if you were to upgrade a Gen 1 to be like a Gen 2, it would cost a lot more than 33% more.

You get:
    Better stock with more adjustability, more rigidity and an undeniably nicer texture and finish.

Cerakoted barrel, bolt, receiver etc - it’s now much more weatherproof

Heavier contour barrel that is spiral fluted - theoretically more shots before it’s heat soaked and looks much more premium while being roughly the same weight as before

Factory threaded barrel including muzzle brake, also cerakoted - even comes on the base model American

3 pos safety

Better magazine system on the base model Ruger American

That’s a lot of bang for your buck upgrades on a gun that is 900 Canadian new…regardless of whether you get a base model or a ranch model.

I don’t work for Ruger, I just more fully appreciate the accomplishment of what they have done.

ANY news on the 22 ARC availability.
    Money isn't everthing. It's just something needed to purchase anything.

Any chance for a .308?
    "Whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop!"

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary View Post
    Bolt guns are a game of diminishing returns in a big way. A new Sako rifle in 6.5cm will run you an average of about 2 grand depending on the model. You are not getting 2.5x the accuracy or functionality of a Ruger American in 6.5cm. BUT when you use the Sako, you can tell it’s a nicer, more expensive, more refined, more reliable gun.

Additionally, the cost of literally anything 3 years ago compared to now is going to be much more expensive.

Now for an apples to apples comparison, Ruger American Gen 1 vs Gen 2…if you were to upgrade a Gen 1 to be like a Gen 2, it would cost a lot more than 33% more.

You get:
    Better stock with more adjustability, more rigidity and an undeniably nicer texture and finish.

Cerakoted barrel, bolt, receiver etc - it’s now much more weatherproof

Heavier contour barrel that is spiral fluted - theoretically more shots before it’s heat soaked and looks much more premium while being roughly the same weight as before

Factory threaded barrel including muzzle brake, also cerakoted - even comes on the base model American

3 pos safety

Better magazine system on the base model Ruger American

That’s a lot of bang for your buck upgrades on a gun that is 900 Canadian new…regardless of whether you get a base model or a ranch model.

I don’t work for Ruger, I just more fully appreciate the accomplishment of what they have done.
    Ruger has doubled down on economies of scale, mass producing rifles with high end features, making them much more affordable and profiting by making small returns on many, rather than large returns on a few.

As for upgrades, you can also throw in

A Stainless bolt and one of the largest upgrades, a factory threaded bolt handle for knob replacement.
    I have paid 200$+ for this alone on several rifles.
    If only I could replace the knobs at work that easily.

Side note, why does the R700 still come with the cheapest, tiniest, dollar store looking, pot metal stamped bolt knob!!??? Get your SH#t together Remington!!
    But I digress....
    *FAIR WARNING* I LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS AND I EXPECT THE SAME.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast