Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need bulk 7.62x39 non-corrosive

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerDanz View Post
    I miss Barnaul. I have some guns that I shot barny out of then put away a year ago that are mint still...
    When that stuff was 10 bucks a box…miss those days. I don’t suppose we gonna get any more until the war is over…

Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary View Post
    Also looking for reasonably priced NC.

@NSS - $1 per round is still expensive for FMJ 7.62x39 in bulk. I realize yours is “worth that” based on MSRP but that stuff sells for more than brass cased 5.56.
    There hasn't been reasonably priced nc 7.62x39 ever since the start of 2018 when a ban was put in place on Russian ammo imports, no more cheap tula, MFS, or barnaul for 40 cents a round. You can reload brass cases but it would still be around 60 cents each plus labour and all the reloading equipment. Just shoot corrosive.

Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary View Post
    Also looking for reasonably priced NC.

@NSS - $1 per round is still expensive for FMJ 7.62x39 in bulk. I realize yours is “worth that” based on MSRP but that stuff sells for more than brass cased 5.56.
    Yeah it is expensive. I am selling at a loss of a few hundred bucks, so its cheap by current standards. Good luck in your search!

CGN Regular
    I guess I’m out of touch. I do shoot corrosive but was looking for some NC to save myself some cleaning work. But not for $1 a round - I’ll just shoot 5.56 instead at that point.

NSS, if you end up having a hard time selling let me know and we may be able to work something out, provided you’ll ship.

I hear you, I bought and sold a type 81 as it was not my thing, so got stuck with a bunch of ammo I don’t need. And I am willing to eat the shipping as well if nowone local bites soon.

Wish I bought more Barnaul a few years back aha 40 cents for nice .223 SP sounds pretty good right about now

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NSS View Post
    I hear you, I bought and sold a type 81 as it was not my thing, so got stuck with a bunch of ammo I don’t need. And I am willing to eat the shipping as well if nowone local bites soon.

Wish I bought more Barnaul a few years back aha 40 cents for nice .223 SP sounds pretty good right about now
    Yep, I hear you. If I could go back in time there’s a lot of things I would have bought more of. I just hope Barnaul comes back after the war.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    I bought a lot last year and the year before, this year I focused on private deals in my area and was lucky as well. If you come into the sports at a time when supply is low and prices are high, just only buy what you really need. Demand in Canada for brass cased 7.62x39 is not very high because we have lots of surplus ammo. There is really no reason, not to shoot surplus (corrosive) ammo. Just run hot water through and maybe add some ballistol. Only the primer is corrosive. Taking a SKS or type 81 apart takes how long?

Where are you located?
    Git er dun!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123