Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Ordnance FX-9 10inch Upper Receiver IN-STOCK

CGN Regular
    That ad was posted April 4. (Look at the pic, it's dated)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    This would be really cool, but in this political climate I am NOT willing to register a PCC.
    You only have to register it if it is a permanent modification lasting over 30 days, within the 30 days if you decided you didn't like it, and reinstalled your 18.6" upper, then it stays NR, you must transport and use the NR upper only, you cannot technically transport the shorter barrel with it installed without a ATT, you can however take them to the range separately and try them, then reinstall the 18.6 to take it home since you did not like the shorter barrel.

Buying the upper alone and storing it next to your NR doesn't need any registration. Of course, I recommend you follow all the proper regulation when you go out to shoot on crown land, and not transport your shorter upper separately to that location

Quote Originally Posted by Ipscshooters View Post
    They sit there for months without selling, nobody in their right mind will pay that when you can import them for 499-599 if you're willing to wait 2-3 months, and buy them from retailers with ready to ship stock for 599-699.

That website has turned into a cesspool of scammers. Saw someone asking 1400$ for a chinese sks earlier this month (499 at one of the sponsor retailers currently)

Quote Originally Posted by brownbear53 View Post
    You only have to register it if it is a permanent modification lasting over 30 days, within the 30 days if you decided you didn't like it, and reinstalled your 18.6" upper, then it stays NR, you must transport and use the NR upper only, you cannot technically transport the shorter barrel with it installed without a ATT, you can however take them to the range separately and try them, then reinstall the 18.6 to take it home since you did not like the shorter barrel.

Buying the upper alone and storing it next to your NR doesn't need any registration. Of course, I recommend you follow all the proper regulation when you go out to shoot on crown land, and not transport your shorter upper separately to that location
    Whoever gave you that information is wrong.

You can put it on in your home, but you can never attach it or use it outside your home without it being registered and covered by your ATT.
    CSSA and CCFR member

If the Fat lady sings your looking at a (Can of Worms)
    Put it on just to try it for a little bit,,, sounds like Just the Tip, is not #####

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by brownbear53 View Post

Since when is it legal to discharge restricted firearms on crown land?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaponeoh View Post
    Since when is it legal to discharge restricted firearms on crown land?
    "you can however take them to the range separately and try them, then reinstall the 18.6 to take it home since you did not like the shorter barrel."
    "I recommend you follow all the proper regulation when you go out to shoot on crown land, and not transport your shorter upper separately to that location"

You are absolutely allowed to transport your upper alongside the NR firearm, and discharge at a local approved range, following all regulations attached to restricted firearms for the purpose of testing (assuming you have a valid restricted PAL), no different than transporting handguns on your ATT, the firearms is a restricted status at the range only, when you change uppers, reinstalling the NR upper prior to the drive home indicates return to NR status within 30 days, prior to which the status must be changed.

No where did I tell you to take it to crown land, if you read my comment correctly. This discussion has come up quite often, and lawyers have weighed in, as well as personal questions answered by the CFO. it is legal, as long as the firearm remains in the Restricted status shorter than 30 days, and only at approved locations, (within house under 30 days, or at the approved and licensed gun range during testing)
    A short browse of the forums will show you this.
    Last edited by brownbear53; 04-29-2024 at 12:18 PM. Reason: added quotation marks

You are wrong.

The 30 day window only applies to changes to firearms that already have registration certificates.

Once you put the restricted length upper on the lower, you are now in possession of a restricted firearm. Under our laws, you can only possess a restricted firearm at your place of residence or a place authorized by the CFO (specific to that firearm- your ATT only applies to firearms registered in your name).

So once you attach the upper, you better be in your home or hope you aren’t investigated by police possessing it outside your home.
    CSSA and CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    You are wrong.

The 30 day window only applies to changes to firearms that already have registration certificates.

Once you put the restricted length upper on the lower, you are now in possession of a restricted firearm. Under our laws, you can only possess a restricted firearm at your place of residence or a place authorized by the CFO (specific to that firearm- your ATT only applies to firearms registered in your name).

So once you attach the upper, you better be in your home or hope you aren’t investigated by police possessing it outside your home.
    I am in fact correct, The BC CFO will tell you the exact same thing that I mentioned, Michael Loberg has also confirmed this in multiple comments in CCFRs Facebook page about a fx9 post and how the shorter uppers are sold for NR rifles, Wolverine and Dlask have both mentioned this on various posts on the forums. No where did I suggest you to go shoot an unregistered restricted on crown property, that would be illegal to do.
    Do your research, make some calls, your assumption and interpretation of the laws don't mean they are correct. These short uppers are popular for the exact same reason, people wanting to shoot a SBR version of their previously NR rifle without the hassle of owning a completely restricted rifle.
    Nobody in their right mind spends 700$ to buy a upper to convert their NR to R when the complete rifle in Restricted format is 1099 New, and 800 used.

1. You have 30 days to report permanent changes to a firearms state to the CFO,
    2. Restricted rifles can only be fired at an approved range, which you are at.
    3. You are transporting a NR rifle to and from the range.
    4. Upon removal of the shorter upper, your rifle is NR. you can transport it back home. Assuming your serial is not already registered to a R rifle. In the event that you wish to leave your shorter upper on the rifle permanently, you need registration certs for transport, you need to call in the CFO and report the changes, then apply for a ST ATT to bring it home.
    5. If the change was done at home, you need to report it within 30 days, and cannot transport it out of your residence without your certificates, installing the NR upper will now require a second call to de register it, for which you need to wait for your revocation letter after a certified shop, manufacturer checks it and confirms NR status with the CFO. (assuming you plan to leave it on permanently)

No laws are broken, even when shooting it at the range, assuming you have a non restricted license. Your NR license allows you top own possession of it with the shorter upper installed given that you still have 30 days to report the changes if permanent. During the shorter upper being installed, it is treated as restricted, transport is not a concern since it was never transported as a restricted, but a NR.

I understand that your personal opinions and desires may not agree with it, or you may not be able to comprehend what I'm saying, which I sincerely feel sorry for, but one is respecting and satisfying every law applicable during the process, and every requirement for transport in the rifles respective state at the time is met. This also applies to any other similar firearm, such as a WK/Raven/ATRS/Bren/etc that may have a NR Rifle in complete state and a shorter barreled upper to go with it. It is completely legal, and unaware to you, people have been doing this for years. But I should mention, I'm done debating this topic to you, as your clearly are not open to any other perspective but yours, and if you still feel otherwise, pick up the phone and call you local CFO, gun stores, firearms manufacturers, or even Solely, they will all repeat the exact same thing I'm trying to explain you

You do you.

You’re wrong.

The 30 days is a regulation specific to registration certificates.

Go ahead and possess a Restricted rifle at a place not authorized by your ATT all you want, but don’t cry if caught.

Name:  IMG_2171.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  57.9 KB
    CSSA and CCFR member

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast