Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How long is the wait for an ATT in Ontario

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scotty's Avatar
    Call the CFO and ask for Kerri, she does the ATT's. Shes nice enough and should be able to update you. Sadly, the wait usually comes from your clubs secretary mailing it to her, her mailing it back to the secretary and then your club mailing it to you and sometimes since these things happen in batches you can either be lucky or miss the boat.
    /

My wife's att took three weeks.
    My border att took 5 minutes
    Bernie Rhodes knows. Don't Argue

CGN Regular
    8 weeks now
    "I don't know about angels,but it's FEAR that gives men wings"

She don't toe the mark,......and I don't walk the line

Six week process time

Just got off the phone with the Ontario CFO and they said it was a six week process. She could not explain the reason for such a long wait...can anyone else?

CGN Regular
    That's not good news... It sucks to get your first few restricted, and pay your range fees and you can't do anything other then chuck them in the safe. May as well have airsofts at this point. I'm at 4 weeks now.

It really sucks you guys have to go through your club to get the ATT. I called the Alberta CFO yesterday to see if my registrations had gone through yet (second day). When she said it had I said "can I get my ATT now?" Had it emailed to me 10 minutes later. If I had to wait another 6 weeks after the 2 months it took to get my PAL I probably would have lost interest by then and found a new hobby.
    "When I die, I want to die like my grandfather--who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car"

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pdubois64 View Post
    It really sucks you guys have to go through your club to get the ATT. I called the Alberta CFO yesterday to see if my registrations had gone through yet (second day). When she said it had I said "can I get my ATT now?" Had it emailed to me 10 minutes later. If I had to wait another 6 weeks after the 2 months it took to get my PAL I probably would have lost interest by then and found a new hobby.
    Tell me about it. Decided I wanted a RPAL in January, wrote the CFSC first week of February... it's nearly July and I haven't fired a round yet.

Update on License

I took the safety courses on March 1
    Waited 30 days for the tests to be mailed back to me.
    Waited 32 days to receive my RPAl.
    Waited 23 days for my gun to be registered to me.
    Now I have to wait 42 days for an ATT.

Thats 125 days from start to finish.
    I am a law abiding citizen with NO Criminal record. How come it takes me this long in a Country where owning a hand gun is legal. I bet if you asked a gangbanger how long it took for him to get his handgun it would be under a week!

I have a long term ATT with Orillia Gun Club but I had a mailing address change and I called it in one month ago. One of the ladies there completed the address update while I was on the phone, but she said another lady had to do the ATT. Anyhow, it took about 7 phone call reminders(very polite but to the point) but they finally put it in the mail this past monday and I received it yesterday. I literally had to remind this woman to update my address, reprint my ATT and put it in the mail, 7 times. Its a good job she isn't a pharmacist filling perscriptions, WOW!

Moral here is, keep calling, there isn't a queue, they are so busy and understaffed you have to keep in their face to get your sh*t done. Cheers,

Patrick

CGN Regular
    I heard that they don't even want to deal with ATT applicants and will only deal with the club. I guess this cuts down on the number of people hassling them. I'm going to call later today since I'm getting tired of waiting patiently for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by phinton81 View Post
    I have a long term ATT with Orillia Gun Club but I had a mailing address change and I called it in one month ago. One of the ladies there completed the address update while I was on the phone, but she said another lady had to do the ATT. Anyhow, it took about 7 phone call reminders(very polite but to the point) but they finally put it in the mail this past monday and I received it yesterday. I literally had to remind this woman to update my address, reprint my ATT and put it in the mail, 7 times. Its a good job she isn't a pharmacist filling perscriptions, WOW!

Moral here is, keep calling, there isn't a queue, they are so busy and understaffed you have to keep in their face to get your sh*t done. Cheers,

Patrick

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast