Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Africa

Researching snakes somewhere in SW Manitoba
    John,

If you need a herpetologist to keep all of Africa's venomous snakes at bay while on your safari's, give me a call. I could probably work for very minimal wages, plus I have over 20 years experience with Africa's nastiest vipers and elapids. You could stow me in the cargo hold to save of costs too!
    NCG

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dogleg's Avatar
    Africa does have a way of getting under your skin, and not just from the thorns. Everyone leaves with a plan of going back, and nearly everyone has an offer to be a booking agent.:D
    I'm counting down the days until my elephant/buffalo hunt, six more and I'm outta here!
    Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "over .40". Coincidence? I don't think so.

The motley crew....

with some cow that John shot in the field by accident
    Let Valour not Fail

Lets be very clear on one point, this is not just the case of a satisfied hunter returning home to recruit some friends to hunt with his new found PH. I am working in partnership with Coenie Fourie who is a very experienced African PH and “Hunt Africa” is an established business. Also as the owner of Wolverine Supplies I have a well established reputation for customer service and support, this will carry over into the bookings for African hunting, this gives you security and guarantees from Canadians for your African venture. As I said in my introduction to this, I am perusing this venture for the enjoyment of it rather than looking for a financial return.

The previous picture posted by Morpheus 32 of “The Motley Crew” shows Jeff, Wolfgang, Craig and me at the successful end of two weeks Plains Game hunting in South Africa. Photo was taken 2nd June 08. If dear Morpheus still can’t determine males from females he is going to get into real trouble next time he visits a bar! The “cow” in the picture is really a good mature bull Eland that fell to one rd of 9.3 x 74R from my new Merkel DR on the last morning of our hunt, hence the big smile.

Back to last years hunt. A good Blue Wildebeest taken by Chris. This Wildebeest was reported to be the “quickest deadest” Wildebeest ever! I have to smile as Chris and I agree to differ, he prefers the high velocity rd while I prefer larger slower rds, but Chris hit him with a 150 gr .300 Ultra Mag and had a spectacular instant one shot kill. This proves yet again that there is no substitute for correct bullet placement!

A very large Waterbuck taken by Kris, on her last day, a super trophy and one to be very proud of.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 07-09-2008 at 01:29 PM.

Very nice waterbuck! Did you run a tape over it?

This Waterbuck was shot the day I left camp so I did not personally see him, I believe a rough measurement had him well over 30 inches, not a world record but getting close. I will check and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    This Waterbuck was shot the day I left camp so I did not personally see him, I believe a rough measurement had him well over 30 inches, not a world record but getting close. I will check and report back.
    Actually the Rowland Ward minimum for Common Waterbuck is 28" so it looking pretty good for making the grade for the real book. Not likely to be a threat for the record of 39 something. Books don't mean much but when talking about different species than what we're used to it's nice to have some standard way of compareing, or separating ordinary from exceptional.
    Those waterbuck sure do stink something terrible.

http://www.rowlandward.com/RecordBoo...3&pid=2&gmid=2

BANNED
    Those waterbuck sure do stink something terrible.
    Ya, heard that lions won't even eat them....lol

Great looking waterbuck for sure. Really high on my list....keep the photos coming.

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
    Ya, heard that lions won't even eat them....lol

Great looking waterbuck for sure. Really high on my list....keep the photos coming.
    Mine has been dead a couple years, washed, dried, salted, tanned, mounted and dried again and it still stinks. Consider a skull mount.:D When you wash these down with a hose there is a oil slick on the water. One theory is that it keeps crocs away.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Vimy Ridge's Avatar
    Fantastic John! One day, one day!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast