Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Elephant

The point is that the elephants are disapearing. I've lived in Mozambique 3 years.
    The conservation effort should be to move or to let move the excess population to some place else under vigilance, the National Park of Gorongosa for instance. It is a very big place in nead for elephants.
    I keep an open mind about hunting, but hunting endangered species...

I am assuming that you didn't read my earlier post ! here , let me recap..... They only let you shoot elephants beyond breeding age, those that are going to die soon anyway , meaning if they die , they have gone to waste and up until they died consumed valuble resources that could have gone to younger elephants etc.... if hunted before death , you give the younger generation a better chance AND the human population wins as well ..... meat to eat !!!! get the point yet ? It is sound time proven conservation practices !!!!! oh , and btw , elephants are making a resounding comeback in most places !!!1
    The World is Run By Those That Show Up
    CSSA - Proud Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dogleg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bizz View Post
    The point is that the elephants are disapearing. I've lived in Mozambique 3 years.
    The conservation effort should be to move or to let move the excess population to some place else under vigilance, the National Park of Gorongosa for instance. It is a very big place in nead for elephants.
    I keep an open mind about hunting, but hunting endangered species...

Nobody cuts the tusks off an elephant to protect from poachers. That's very much a rhino thing. Besides, there are countries that desperately need culling, never mind sport hunting. The population of African elephants is estimated at 650,000 to 800,000, depending on who is doing the counting.
    Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "over .40". Coincidence? I don't think so.

I was so hoping that this was going to be an elephant taken with an 858...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dogleg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I was so hoping that this was going to be an elephant taken with an 858...

Let's see if I can help. Pretend the real AK is a 858, then pretend the Zimbabwe game scout shot it.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "over .40". Coincidence? I don't think so.

Great pic Dogleg!

Congrats on the elephant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I prefer eye shots between blinks. Eyelid meat is a shame to waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by PGW Steve View Post
    Enough with the hi-jack, can you please keep it on topic of slamming PGWDTI.

Nice to see that some of you who disagree with the elephant hunts are at least civilized, ie disappove of the activity and not of the poster of this thread. I respect the views of all. MR Wolvernine has been gracious to post his passion to all to see. Very nice double rifle and trophy pixs too. Elephants to me are critters. Pests in some regions, and scarce in others. Now if I only had a few extra g's.......

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910