Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Austrian .22LR pistol

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Target Sports Center View Post
    We have spoken to the distributor of the pistol and he will see what he can do, keep in mind that minimum numbers have to be purchased when doing special runs of barrels, such as 500 pistols per special run.
    That's promising. I would think the threaded and/or plain 106mm barrel will attract many more customers then having a bulky ugly fake comp on the end.
    Last edited by ponts; 12-06-2008 at 04:34 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Yes, no comp just a 106mm plain barrel, and it's a hit.

ya , im interested in there other firearms. if they have any..
    any website ?? i cant find anything of theres on the web.
    thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Speckfire's Avatar
    What are the advantages of this pistol versus let's say a 22LR Glock conversion kit ?
    The official CGN عرص

Its NAGANT ffs....not Negant !!!!!!

cool...so does this mean glocks patent finally expired?

Quote Originally Posted by ponts View Post
    That's promising. I would think the threaded and/or plain 106mm barrel will attract many more customers then having a bulky ugly fake comp on the end.

+1

I will be all over this if it can be had without an ugly extension. That's what ruined my P22 for me. Please keep us posted if a 106mm barrel is an option.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speckfire View Post
    What are the advantages of this pistol versus let's say a 22LR Glock conversion kit ?
    One more gun to own.

Plus its specifically designed to operate with a .22?
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

And half (or less) of the price of a G17 and Advantage Arms kit.

You can add my name to the 106mm barrel crowd. I'll buy one if they tack on the necessary couple millimetres or whatever it is. HK, SIG, Walther and Steyr have all done this (on some models anyway) for the Canadian market. This company can do it too.

A gun with a compensator is an absolute non-starter for me. I will not even consider buying it.

I had the Walther P22 with the compensator. I took it to the range exactly once. The compensator started moving around. I hated it. At which point I took it Barry at Bits of Pieces had it modified (ditch the comp, cut the barrel and barrel sleave to 106mm, re-threaded the barrel for a new end cap that held it together). In its modified form it was a huge amount of fun for about 2 years. Ultimately the slide cracked after about 35,000 rounds (sometimes as much as 500 rounds a day!) - much of which was high and hyper velocity stuff - but it was fun for the two years or so we had it.

I just mention this story to make a point... fake, unnecessary compensators suck and I will never buy another gun with one. They look bad and they function even worse. That and... I guess the other point of my story is... I hope this new gun is built tough to withstand the pounding of thousands of rounds of high and hyper velocity ammo... cuz that is what makes these little guns fun... or, at least, that is when they are at their funnest.

I just checked the numbers: 4.09 inch is 103.886mm, so adding 2mm to the barrel would work. Hell, even 1.2mm would get it over 105mm for Canadian purposes. That would work a lot better than the 3/4 of an inch or so that the Walther P22 was short.

Isn't this the most insane thing you have ever heard of? We are talking about adding 1.2mm (something which will not even change the appearance of the gun to an expert) to the front edge of the barrel of a gun. And the gun we are talking about is a little plinker for kids, teaching new shooters, and just having a little cheap fun at the range. God, I hope the Conservatives can get a majority some day and bring some kind of order this embarrasing mess.
    Last edited by ghostie; 12-08-2008 at 05:53 AM.

Contributing Dealer Target Sports Center's Avatar
    We have spoken to the distributor of the new pistol, and he will speak to the manufacturer about an increased barrel length, we will report back to you as soon as we have additional information.
    Target Sports Canada
    905-888-8288 Phone
    905-888-8688 Fax
    RANGE/STORE HOURS

• MONDAY-SATURDAY 10AM-9PM
    • SUNDAY & HOLIDAYS 10AM-6PM

[b]info@targetsportscanada.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast