Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Shooting Edge - Fantastic service - thanks a lot!

Glad to hear you had good service with them... I certainly have not. Can't even say I had poor service... more like NO SERVICE. Just stood at the display case for what seemed like forever. Really though, it was my mistake, I guess I should have had a handful of cash in my hand waiving it around, then I may have gotten someone to assist me, rather then look at me from across the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce_0 View Post
    Glad to hear you had good service with them... I certainly have not. Can't even say I had poor service... more like NO SERVICE. Just stood at the display case for what seemed like forever. Really though, it was my mistake, I guess I should have had a handful of cash in my hand waiving it around, then I may have gotten someone to assist me, rather then look at me from across the store.
    ????? do you think think you're at Future Shop, do you think they get a commission on selling you a new T.V.? Periodically slow service is an unavoidable problem, especially when you get waves of people as they do.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." Benjamin Franklin

CGN Ultra frequent flyer redleg's Avatar
    Much as I would like to say that we can please everyone I know we can't. Not all staff are experts in all things. Not all the staff are adept at retail selling, sometimes not all staff show up for their shifts! But sometimes I just have to ask the guys that complain about not being asked if they need assistance if they tried asking for assistance. We have lots of folks standing around waiting to shoot on weekends. Sometimes we just assume that if you are standing around maybe you are waiting to shoot. Yes, it's our fault, but suggesting that it is a systemic problem or even a common problem is a bit of a stretch. This same comment seems to be brought up annually, and in every case it appears that someone is more concerned with critiquing our service than purchasing an item. FWIW you can avoid the issue completely by ordering on line.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer smak_daddy's Avatar
    I've had nothing but excellent service at the shooting edge.
    "Praise the lord and pass the ammunition" -- Natalie Maines

Its good the hear they did that...next time though...keep a grip on your kit:D:D
    "Never go full retard"

Well, I now see the systemic root of the poor service.... blame the customer. Really nice how the "yes, its our fault" is hidden in the middle of excuses and blame shifting.

Moreover, no kidding you would suggest people to by online, the prices are higher.

Case in point: 512.A65/1 "AA" model, 65MOA ring/1MOA aiming dot reticle pattern (supports Lithium & Alkaline) ONLINE: $548.75 In store: 479.00

And yes, I did purchase on line... just from a different company. Wasn't just a Lookie Lou

CGN Ultra frequent flyer redleg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce_0 View Post
    Well, I now see the systemic root of the poor service.... blame the customer. Really nice how the "yes, its our fault" is hidden in the middle of excuses and blame shifting.

Moreover, no kidding you would suggest people to by online, the prices are higher.

Case in point: 512.A65/1 "AA" model, 65MOA ring/1MOA aiming dot reticle pattern (supports Lithium & Alkaline) ONLINE: $548.75 In store: 479.00

And yes, I did purchase on line... just from a different company. Wasn't just a Lookie Lou
    Yes, case in point. Customer that wants to make issues where there are none. We are selling all old stock at 2008 prices. 512 units included. If you order on line and we have 2008 units in stock (and we do) the price is $479. New stock will cost more. Unfortunately we can't have two retail price lists operating, but a call or email makes it easy to check.

I'm not sure where I blamed a customer. I simply stated that if you fail to ask for, or indicate a need for, assistance you may get missed when we are busy. If you want to consider this to be systemic or common, then there is little I can do to convince you otherwise. As I stated, some folks consider themselves to be more service critiquers than customers and I guess the internat makes it easy to do so.

They were great with me in the past....definately made me a repeat customer!

Quote Originally Posted by redleg View Post
    some folks consider themselves to be more service critiquers than customers and I guess the internat makes it easy to do so.
    i knew the internet was good for something....FWIW, every time i go to TSE the service is great. Best in town by far.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." Benjamin Franklin

I'm another happy TSE customer. I've shopped both online and in person at their store and never had a problem.

Also taking their Thompson sub gun out for a spin on the range was probably the best money I have ever spent in a gun store. If you get a chance try it out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast