Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Shooting Edge - Fantastic service - thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by harbl_the_cat View Post
    I bought 2 mag pouches from The Shooting Edge today, then went off into the rifle bay for about half an hour and completely forgot them (I assumed I put them in my range backpack).

I got home, cleaned up, dropped off my guns, then went to pick up my wife. Later in the evening, I was unpacking all my kit, eager to play with my new mag pouches - but when I went through my range backpack - I discovered the pouches weren't there!

I called up, and Allan (the Filipino guy, I think) picked up. I asked him if he could have a look to see if he could find the pouches and he said he'd have a look and call me back.

5 minutes later, he gave me a call telling me he couldn't find them but he'd leave a note for the staff to keep their eye's peeled. 2 minutes after that first call, he called me back to tell me he found them and that he'd leave them with a tag at the front desk with my name on it to pick up tomorrow.

Being Saturday at about 6:30, I assumed the place is busy - so for him to have been immediately receptive and considerate like that really made my day!

Thanks again! I usually don't make 2 trips to the range on the weekend, but my wife doesn't need the car tomorrow, so I'll make an exception this week!
    He was the instructor for my firearms coarse back in the day when I took it, nothing but good things to say about him. Even while marking my test and having a line up of eager people waiting for their results he took some time to discuss with me what I wanted as my first firearm, and answered all my questions.

I am with the majority in this thread when I say, every time I have been to TSE, I have been very happy with the service. Even when busy on the weekends, I have not had to wait more then 5 or so minutes (in that time I get to look at firearms, so works for me) to get helped and they are always willing to answer all of your questions.

Keep up the good work.
    Stag Arms Model 4L - Remington 870 Tactical - Ruger 10/22

CGN frequent flyer
    thanks to them I have a kimber pro covert and a ruger gp100 with 4.2inch barrel:D. thats 2 guns with just over 4inch barrels. The over the phone servise has been great. One day I might make a trip out there and go in person.

cheers,
    Justin

I have had lots of good expierience with the staff, They try to help quickly and are usually knowledgable with the questions I have had. The thing that I don't like is the shape the shooting bays are in. The rifle bays are never working correctly and the pistol bay target holders come off the track often. For the price of the membership that I pay, I think it should be better maintained than it has been. The last time I was there was about three weeks ago, so I don't know if any of the repairs have been made since.
    A Government Big Enough To Give You Everything You Want Is Big Enough To Take Everything You Have.
    Barry Goldwater.

We have accepted the authority as truth, not the truth as authority.

I always have fun at TSE. That isn't to say they haven't had their share of moron employees though.... Where hasn't in AB though?

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swh99 View Post
    I have had lots of good expierience with the staff, They try to help quickly and are usually knowledgable with the questions I have had. The thing that I don't like is the shape the shooting bays are in. The rifle bays are never working correctly and the pistol bay target holders come off the track often. For the price of the membership that I pay, I think it should be better maintained than it has been. The last time I was there was about three weeks ago, so I don't know if any of the repairs have been made since.
    We've tried to keep up with the maintainance and have scheduled an overhaul of the bays in August.

We are currently evaluating new target retrieval systems as we ourselves are not happy with the current situation.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

People looking for fault, will always find what they are looking for. The 'Edge' is great. Having read some of these posts, I actually find that it is too bad that not all people can order in person. The staff is friendly, and knowledgeable. Their gunsmith is a wizard, and much of their staff are interested in their profession, and the perpetuation of it. I don't get the feeling that there are a lot of 'clock punchers' there.

Heaven knows that customer service is an art. If you feel that you have been looked over, then ask for assistance. Please don't be so thin skinned.

Our community in Canada has enough naysayers and problem makers - please don't add to the problem. If you have something constructive to say, maybe call James and address it with him, rather than stomp your foot and rant in some forum. Being a man, I am sure you would like to be dealt with man to man.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    In an industry that traditionally hasn't had the best service or consideration, The Shooting Edge is by far a breath of fresh air.

They were amoungst the first (if not the first) that actually got off their butts and imported new, "cutting edge" stuff THEMSELVES, when no one else would do so. Otherwise, I'm sure we'd still be at the mercy of Nichols and Co.

Nice work Mr. Cox and company!

I've had nothing but good service from TSE. That said, I did all of my business with them online, right here on CGN.

By the way.. can I get one of those 4.2" SS Ruger GP-100s? Any in stock? Incoming?

:D

Quote Originally Posted by Nine View Post
    I've had nothing but good service from TSE. That said, I did all of my business with them online, right here on CGN.

By the way.. can I get one of those 4.2" SS Ruger GP-100s? Any in stock? Incoming?

:D

PM Inbound :D
    Cori Bolig
    Canadian GunHub
    #1 1218 2nd Ave, Dunmore Alberta, T1B 0K3
    www.gunhub.ca

Yay!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast