Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Shooting Edge - Fantastic service - thanks a lot!

BANNED

The Shooting Edge - Fantastic service - thanks a lot!

I bought 2 mag pouches from The Shooting Edge today, then went off into the rifle bay for about half an hour and completely forgot them (I assumed I put them in my range backpack).

I got home, cleaned up, dropped off my guns, then went to pick up my wife. Later in the evening, I was unpacking all my kit, eager to play with my new mag pouches - but when I went through my range backpack - I discovered the pouches weren't there!

I called up, and Allan (the Filipino guy, I think) picked up. I asked him if he could have a look to see if he could find the pouches and he said he'd have a look and call me back.

5 minutes later, he gave me a call telling me he couldn't find them but he'd leave a note for the staff to keep their eye's peeled. 2 minutes after that first call, he called me back to tell me he found them and that he'd leave them with a tag at the front desk with my name on it to pick up tomorrow.

Being Saturday at about 6:30, I assumed the place is busy - so for him to have been immediately receptive and considerate like that really made my day!

Thanks again! I usually don't make 2 trips to the range on the weekend, but my wife doesn't need the car tomorrow, so I'll make an exception this week!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer saskgunowner101's Avatar
    Glad it worked out for you.....don't be too broken up for having to hit the range again.

I don't know. I find the service at TSE especially in regards to ammo, to be lacking as of late.
    CSSA
    Fear Sells and Sheep are Buying
    "Freedom is a state of mind, it can't be bought, stolen, or suppressed without your willful consent"TDC
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing"Albert Einstein

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I've done a couple of phone order swith TSE, the last was done last week.

I've had nothing but excellent service with them and very quick shipping. 3 days for the last order.

I was a range member at TSE for three years, and in that time I purchased well over a couple dozen firearms and tens of thousands of dollars worth of ammunition.

Both owners are excellent guys, but only in Calgary can a business get away with having staff as bad as theirs (at least back in '04-'06). Almost all the kids at the counter were half-retarded IMO - just knobs
    Last edited by BRS9; 02-22-2009 at 01:43 AM.

I find its either fantastic service or horrible service, sometimes within the span of 20 minutes being in there.....

e.g. I got completely passed over by one of the guys that was working the rifle counter, multiple times, then I went over to the pistol counter and got awesome service. Its too bad I only know who 3 of the employees are there, and I only remember their CGN posting names (I've never had bad service from them)

CGN frequent flyer thunderflash's Avatar
    Great mail order service fast shipping, my optic was here within a week (with 2 snow days). Good or bad we're lucky to have them, & with a Range where you don't have to protect against 60 click winds to shoot -- wish they were here in NL.!!
    "Rifles are better than handguns for fighting. The primary purpose for a handgun is ,to fight your way to a Rifle that you should NOT have put down in the first place " ------- Clint Smith- Owner/ Instructor; Thunder Ranch

You have to remember that TSE is like a lot of other business in Calgary, has a hard time retain staff. It takes time to train people in the products and services you offer. Thing are now starting to change as retail jobs dry up even in Calgary.
    "Who Cares Who Wins"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Maple Leaf Pilgrim's Avatar
    When I work there at the counter I try very hard to make sure everybody gets a fair shake, but at the same time I can't move on to the next customer until business is concluded with the previous client. I have to admit there have been times when I have missed somebody's turn and I try to apologize for my oversight. None of us are perfect and when it gets busy it gets really busy.

Sometimes TSE is very busy, and you get ignored for a while, but once you have someone's attention, it seems you have their undivided attention until you are satisfied. I'm happy they are busy - its a good sign.

TSE is at least on par with any other business in Calgary, and in my experience, far better.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast