Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First visit- Good job, guys!!!!

CGN Regular
    I don't think I would pay 600 dollars per year to become a member of a shooting range, especially one that's always crowded.. I just renewed my FAMILY membership at the Rod and Gun Club here for $55.. :P

And it's not that people can't afford to pay out 600 dollars over the course of the year, but many cannot afford to hand over 600 in a lump sum. The only way I would be able to justify spending 600 dollars to shoot would be if I shoot over 600 dollars worth of ammunition each year, which I do not.
    Saving up your ammo money all year to pay for a membership to the range? Not likely.

40 dollars for a one time thing though? If it's a nice spot, as this range sounds like it is, I'd check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavydxd45 View Post
    Dude you can't shoot handgun at homestead. You should read the rules no handguns or restricted guns allowed.
    No #### Sherlock!

I was referring to shooting my black-rifle XCR .223 at Homestead.

And YES, the XCR is unrestricted.

Anyway, I got the membership at TSE and LOVE IT!!!!!

NOTHING LIKE being able to walk into a range with your badge and just scan yourself into the shooting lanes WHENEVER you want! Best money I have spent aside from purchasing the guns themselves! Very easy to pick up your brass too, especially if you go when it isn't busy...

Hands down, get the membership! I go shooting pretty much every single weekend now. It is great!

Quote Originally Posted by gyates93 View Post
    40 dollars for a one time thing though? If it's a nice spot, as this range sounds like it is, I'd check it out.
    Go check it out...I guarantee you will like it. If you shoot pistol/restricted and especially if you live in Calgary or surrounding area, then a membership at TSE is basically something you can't put a value on, as I have discovered.

I used to groan and moan about spending the day-pass fee for me and my wife to shoot for a couple of hours, and so we would go only about once every two months. Now with the membership, I go almost every weekend and she comes with every 2nd or 3rd time, and when she doesn't shoot with me she either goes to the Farmer's Market (adjacent next door now!) or to the shopping area just down the hill less than 1km away and does girl shopping. I mean you just can't beat the location convenience for everyone involved and the TSE Range itself is, without qualification, first rate.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gyates93 View Post
    I don't think I would pay 600 dollars per year to become a member of a shooting range...
    Our yearly memberhsip is $450 for the first year and $400 for renewals.

Our membership has a ton of benefits as well:

Standard “Full Club Membership”

Cost: $450 plus GST (first year) and $400 plus GST for renewals
    $120 + GST for a spousal (related adult – same address) add-on

• Unlimited use of the facility during normal operating hours for an entire year.
    • Exclusive “Members Only” shooting times.
    • Free use of all of the training firearms that are offered for use in the facility.
    • Professional supervision if you are not licensed or want to use a firearm you do not have the proper permit to lawfully acquire.
    • Complimentary use of safety equipment for you and any guests accompanying you.
    • 50% discount on the first guest pass every visit.
    • Free guest passes for all youth (under 18 years old) accompanying you. ($20 Value per person per visit).
    • Complimentary On-site storage (pending space availability) for up to two (2) firearms ($30/month value).
    • Option to rent a personal storage locker (pending availability) for $50 per year.
    • Free to participate in “member’s only” events.
    • 20% discount on range ammunition.
    • Special member pricing for all in-house courses and TSE hosted courses.
    • $15 discount off of a set of “Custom” Earplugs.
    • Complimentary visiting privileges at “CRAFM” in Montreal and “Target Sports” in Toronto.
    • Four (4) Complimentary “Day Passes” (which also can be used by guests not accompanying) ($160 Value).
    • Six (6) Complimentary tokens for use in the “Cowboy Shooting Centre”.
    • Two (2) Complimentary Guests on your birthday.
    • One (1) hour of private instruction with one of our qualified instructors.
    • 25 “Airmiles”.

Premium (VIP) “Full Club Membership”

Cost: $1000 plus GST (first year) and $900 plus GST for renewals
    $120 + GST for a spousal (related adult) add-on
    Includes all of the features of the Standard “Full club membership” plus;
    • Complimentary guest privileges for your first three (3) guest every visit. ($40 value per guest)
    • 50% discount for the next two (2) guest passes every visit. ($20 Value per person per visit)
    • Firing lane reservation privileges for up to two lanes per visit (24 hour notice required). Subject to availability.
    • Complimentary Premium size storage locker.
    • Six (6) Complimentary tokens for use in the “Cowboy Shooting Centre”.
    • Two (2) Complimentary Guests on your birthday.
    • One (1) hour of private instruction with our Chief Instructor. (By appointment)
    • 50 “Airmiles”.

Professional User “Full Club Membership”

We recognize that those in society that are required to carry and potentially use a firearm on a daily basis, need to have continuous training and practice. This offer is limited to current (I.D. required) Military, Law Enforcement, Armed Security only.

Cost: $450 plus GST (first year) and $400 plus GST for renewals
    $120 + GST for a spousal (related adult) add-on
    Includes all of the features of the Standard “Full club membership” plus;

• An in-store credit of $100 will be given to assist you with your training costs. This credit cannot be applied towards your membership cost.
    Last edited by TSE_Justin; 06-22-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Fixing quote box
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 00Buck's Avatar
    JR runs a great operation in Alberta and his place in Ontario is great too. Good to know you had a great time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12