Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday Meeting in Ottawa... How did it go Johnone?

I hope this all works out. We are all getting screwed in the end if we don't win.

If one takes into consideration how many current semi's have a full auto version in their past, this could tie up a lot of guns. SKS, Mini 14, anything AR, M14/305, would just be the tip of the iceburg.
    My question, where did the direction to the RCMP come from? In this day of CYA, especially in fedland, the marching orders have to come from some one with authority.
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    -H. L. Mencken

CGN frequent flyer
    I think the key to this is that the two rifles concerned were new. Lever was selling restricted T-97s, but CanadaAmmo's were new, non-restriced. John's VZs were also "new". None were actually transfered and sold yet

The RCMP had the opportunity to screw with them before they actually hit the market, and they took it.

That is why old VZ's are not effected and everything else (Swiss Arms / M-14s etc.) are transfering normally.

I suspect that any new type of military style semi that is submitted from now on will get the same treatment

CGN Regular
    What Paulz said!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Many of the rifles WERE sold, though.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN frequent flyer
    but were any delivered? I was under the impression this all started at the time the boat hit the dock in customs. Pre-orders aside, I don't think any actually made it out of customs, to the dealer, and were actually transfered and delivered.

QC - the land of fraud, fear & foolishness
    God... can someone please start a petition on this and indicate the link. Thanks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 41 Colt's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by paulz View Post
    I suspect that any new type of military style semi that is submitted from now on will get the same treatment
    Do you think this will happen with the new AR15's from ATR?

Supreme Capital, Democratic People's Republic of Canuckistan
    will happen with everything sooner or later if it doesn't stop soon
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Great hunter. Yes? Fine figure of a man. Yes?
    Good. That is all you need to know. For now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Although this thinking may make you feel better tonight its not true. The old T97s have been classified as prohib as well.

Quote Originally Posted by paulz View Post
    I think the key to this is that the two rifles concerned were new. Lever was selling restricted T-97s, but CanadaAmmo's were new, non-restriced. John's VZs were also "new". None were actually transfered and sold yet

The RCMP had the opportunity to screw with them before they actually hit the market, and they took it.

That is why old VZ's are not effected and everything else (Swiss Arms / M-14s etc.) are transfering normally.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast