Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday Meeting in Ottawa... How did it go Johnone?

Quote Originally Posted by employee View Post
    resolution being compensation? Just curious as to what you are implying is all.

What was the basis for there decision? Or can you not discuss it?

Thanks for the update.

Have written some letters of support, still hoping you get them reclassed to restricted.
    ^ +1

CGN frequent flyer
    If they stay prohib, what class (if any)? I assume that they are calling it C/A or somesuch. The reason I ask is that I am 12.5, and if it were possible I would be willing to buy one anyway, just to help you offset the cost and stick it to them. I already have safe queens, so one more would not hurt!

Expired Business
    WHAT I CAN tell you is that these rifles will NOT be reclassified to restricted, they are now prohibs and will remain prohibs.

On one hand they are satisfied with the receivers, however thay are NOT happy with some of the FA parts used in the rilfes.... As a result they will retain their designation as CA firearms....

I hope hope this is clear to you, it has me all confused to hell

John

Expired Business
    PAULZ;
    While I appreciate your supportive offer, can't do it, they are NOT grandfathered....
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Throttle_monkey1's Avatar
    ####, no way to sell them then. That sucks for you john. Now is there anything else we can do to help fight this? Do their concerns about the trigger groups have any merit, or are they just pulling things out of their ass to cause grief?

BANNED
    On one hand they are satisfied with the receivers, however thay are NOT happy with some of the FA parts used in the rilfes.... As a result they will retain their designation as CA firearms....
    So since the reciever is the firearm, could swapping out the FA parts make the RCMP happy? (Rhetorical question, I guess not). What is the deal with the FA parts? (IE could they be used to "easily" convert this rifle or another VZ type to FA?)

I would guess not, once assembled as a FA, it can't be dissassembled back into SA... I'm not going to speculate any further and let Johnone do his work.

Quote Originally Posted by shootemup View Post
    So since the reciever is the firearm, could swapping out the FA parts make the RCMP happy? (Rhetorical question, I guess not). What is the deal with the FA parts? (IE could they be used to "easily" convert this rifle or another VZ type to FA?)

CGN frequent flyer TheIndifferent1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    WHAT I CAN tell you is that these rifles will NOT be reclassified to restricted, they are now prohibs and will remain prohibs.

John
    So even though the receivers are semi-auto only, the fact that it has full auto parts inside makes it prohib? WTF? I guess people with F/A bolt carriers in their ARs better watch out

Sorry to hear about this trouble, John.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator

John
    Umm... This is NOT looking good for firearm owners in Canada... As another guy said, owners with "some" full auto parts in their guns, better watch out!!!

I'm really wondering "how" this is going to play out in the end... It sure is a convienant way for the RCMP to stick it to companies selling firearms... Screw 'em once the shipment arrives in country...

Johnone, I know your working on this, and I'm no lawyer, but doesn't the submitting of a sample, getting the paperwork in order & the green light to go ahead, THEN getting the shipment... MEAN SOMETHING???

I'd like to see all the letters/emails/faxes & phone calls rattle enough chains that the Government reigns in the RCMP & CFC...

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

John
    Can you elaborate on which FA parts they are not happy with and how they differ from other rifles that have similar parts?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast