Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday Meeting in Ottawa... How did it go Johnone?

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    THis is BS. It is the receiver that determines the firearms, not the part.

Pfff, so if I put the flashsuppressor of an AK on a Rem 700, the Rem 700 is a prohib. That is just retarded.
    Exactly, how are these bureaucrats getting away with this BS. If it is MANUFACTURED as as semi it is a semi. Not FA not CA, just semi automatic.

Saying it has FA parts in it is BS, with that logic so does my M14, AR, etc. See what happens when people loose the ability to read and interpret what they are reading. Thinking is a lost art now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"
    Family Motto:"Vincit Qui Patitur"

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by employee View Post
    Exactly, how are these bureaucrats getting away with this BS. If it is MANUFACTURED as as semi it is a semi. Not FA not CA, just semi automatic.

Saying it has FA parts in it is BS, with that logic so does my M14, AR, etc. See what happens when people loose the ability to read and interpret what they are reading. Thinking is a lost art now.
    Nah, the "thinking" on the part of the RCMP is very deliberate and very interpretive...

...they just don't give a sh*t, they are above reproach - afterall who's going to tell them no? Who's going to tell them their interpretation of anything is wrong and have the political/financial clout to be able to take them to court and "put them in their place" on this kind of thing, I would imagine it would cost PLENTY and take FOREVER?

Seriously though, could you guys at Marstar not "part out" the VZ's, sure you'd have to "eat" the receivers and the "EVIL" parts, but I think there would be a good market for VZ/CZ part kits? Especially chromed barrels for the CZ (If any were non-restricted length?)...

...Just a thought considering John said they will remain prohib and are not grandfathered, i.e. unsellable.
    Last edited by Tehoke01; 03-27-2009 at 10:44 AM.

Marstar and CanAM should start a legal processing on this, we all should pool in some cash to help out, this government/RCMP crap is totally BS. Soon we will be unable to own any semi rifles then we will have to give up all our handguns as they are not used to hunt for food. We just hope that someone within the Government understand guns, just like the old days when the bureaucrats wants to prohibit the ARs then within their own someone stepped up and said NO, and look where we are now, ARs are only restricted (with the way this anti-semi thing is going, I wonder if ARs will be the first ones been attacked by the bureaucrats again.)

BANNED
    X2
    I say we set up a online place that we can donate money to Marstar and Canada Ammo legal fund to fight this BS. If we don't draw the line in the sand here and in stead lay down we will start down that slippery slope.

Forget logic here guys. There is a deliberate plan by the RCMP to use this claim of FA parts in re-classifying firearms. If they win on this one, it opens the door wide open to other rifles with FA parts to be re-classified to prohib. This is not an accident or something they stumbled upon. This intentionally or unintentionally could be the key to attacking all semi's with similar characteristics. Our ability to fight back depends on the cooperation we get from those directly involved. I.e. Johnone and Canam. We need more information.

We are far behind the information curve. Johnone and/or Canam could meet, discuss & settle the matter and we would know nothing about specifics until the RCMP are onto their next target. The speed with which we get our information and the quality of information we get is key to any effective action. Right now, we are not sitting pretty.
    Last edited by ridgearms; 03-27-2009 at 12:06 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Throttle_monkey1's Avatar
    I could give a couple hundred bucks to fight this. I wish I could give more, but times are tight.

Can we not file a class action suit as well against the RCMP as an organization and the individual people pulling this BS?

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    That does make sesne - because the OIC does specify "bullpup stock".
    Can you please tell me what exactly this means?
    Could it be reason to Prohib the T97?

What about the people with existing vz58's what becomes of those.

Quote Originally Posted by sushix2 View Post
    What about the people with existing vz58's what becomes of those.
    Nothing. The current situation is regarding a new import that has a different receiver and classification than the other vz's. The other versions are as they were.

BANNED
    I would say that with the VZs no one other than John would have standing to take legal action. However, those of us who paid for Type 97s would have standing to get involved with that fight!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast