Thread: Target Sports - great customer service!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ol' Smokey's Avatar

Thumbs up Target Sports - great customer service!

I bought a consignment gun from them, got it home and started to strip it down to clean it and check it out.

Got the grips off, and felt a little sick - someone had "modified" the frame with a grinder - I will spare you the details, but it does involve epoxy. The problems were completely hidden by the godawful grips on the thing.

I went back to Target, and as soon as they saw the situation, without hesitation, they offered me a refund. Immediately.

I was prepared for a bit of "discussion", but none was necessary. Of course, they now have to deal with the fellow that had the gun on consignment and didn't disclose the "customizing".

Based on this positive experience, I'd buy anything from these guys without hesitation. I know I will be back.

I was there last night looking at shotguns and they pulled out all sorts of rifles and shotguns for me to look at. Even pulled out an AR-180 for me to handle without me asking. Too bad I couldn't find what I wanted.
    Last edited by McGlovin; 03-29-2009 at 11:37 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Have I missed there sig trial day coming up, I wanted to check it out?
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Trapped Inside The Liberal stronghold (GTA)
    No it's on April 18

Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    Have I missed there sig trial day coming up, I wanted to check it out?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer OldRanger's Avatar
    Yes, Great Customer Service!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chris1974 View Post
    No it's on April 18
    I might have to make the trip, i think it'll only be an hour or so
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

CGN Regular
    They have a good shop with good people working it. They seem to be people who really love shooting and everything that goes with it. I am a relative beginner and they were the only facility that was happy to let me demo a lot of products and kick a few tires before I bought. Most of the ranges I spoke to wanted nothing to do with someone new to the sport without a membership. I am new to handguns but have been shooting rifles for a long time and I could not believe how many of the ranges in Ontario are terrible at encouraging new shooters to get started. We have enough obstacles with the CFC etc that we don't need sad old guys acting as gatekeepers to the sport.

Just my 2 cents.

Jeff

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rhshooter View Post
    They have a good shop with good people working it. They seem to be people who really love shooting and everything that goes with it. I am a relative beginner and they were the only facility that was happy to let me demo a lot of products and kick a few tires before I bought. Most of the ranges I spoke to wanted nothing to do with someone new to the sport without a membership. I am new to handguns but have been shooting rifles for a long time and I could not believe how many of the ranges in Ontario are terrible at encouraging new shooters to get started. We have enough obstacles with the CFC etc that we don't need sad old guys acting as gatekeepers to the sport.

Just my 2 cents.

Jeff
    +1. I had reservations when I started down the road of gun ownership especially reading the convoluted process of joining a club. I visited them a few times and found them helpful and willing to take the time to educate me. In the end I ended up buying my 1st handgun from them (and working on the 2nd one :D) I also decided that I'd join their in house club as well..