Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reasons for refusing PAL/RPAL application.

I know a guy who had actually shot someone on purpose(he did have a good reason) and managed to get his PAL. However this was years later and it is a small town and the local cops knew he was a decent guy.
    "The last time I drank everclear I banged my Gf's friend and set my room on fire with scented candle."
    Pitdogboy

i heard of a guy who had a break in, had enough time to unlock his shotgun, load it, fired a warning shot, then shot the intruder, called the police, and after everything still holds his RPAL.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer saskgunowner101's Avatar
    Tell us more.....

CGN frequent flyer
    In all honesty who knows how this system is supposed to work. They never bothered calling my references as far as I know.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_thunder View Post
    i heard of a guy who had a break in, had enough time to unlock his shotgun, load it, fired a warning shot, then shot the intruder, called the police, and after everything still holds his RPAL.
    What? Then how come Brian Knight was charge with like 7 violence-type offense?

Quote Originally Posted by yingtsay View Post
    What? Then how come Brian Knight was charge with like 7 violence-type offense?
    The intruder didn't run away after the warning shot. 'nough said.

can they deny PAL if I failed the course exam??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer saskgunowner101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meuhey View Post
    can they deny PAL if I failed the course exam??
    Does poo stink?

Application rejection rate is very low. It sounds like to me, anyone that is sane and is a good citizen will get approved. In 2007 and 2008, under 500 were rejected. Out of how many? I don't know but must be in the tens of thousands.

Go here to get all the stats: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f.../index-eng.htm

Quote Originally Posted by john777 View Post
    Application rejection rate is very low. It sounds like to me, anyone that is sane and is a good citizen will get approved. In 2007 and 2008, under 500 were rejected. Out of how many? I don't know but must be in the tens of thousands.

Go here to get all the stats: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f.../index-eng.htm

Question ive never been commited of anycrime but when i was 13 i was being bulled in school and i hid a box cutter in my locker and on my cpic now it says under police contact threning behavor and also when i was 6 i was on ADHD meds but was off them at 10 over 10 years ago could this effect my PAL

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast