Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Reasons for refusing PAL/RPAL application.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by spl01t77 View Post
    my rpal is in the works, but what has me worried is that in jan of 08 I was laid off from my company (they closed down the entire site and moved back to the US) really hope this doesn't effect obtaining my license. I'm already shopping around for a club and safe.
    Job loss is immediate job loss, refers back to the suicide consideration, that's all that means.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

I had a bad patch in life and we'll and caused some injury to myself . I waited to apply for my pal and got denied but my doctor who I know well and knew I dealt with my past and had worked through this actually voluntarily helped me get my PAL and thanks to that I now get to enjoy my hobby of hunting and target shooting. Took a little longer (3 years) but I just finished up a custom build thanks to ATRS and Insite arms and can't wait to get her ringing steel at 700m.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
    Job loss is immediate job loss, refers back to the suicide consideration, that's all that means.
    I was laid off when I sent my upgrade from Pal to RPal, I think it might add a couple questions to references but as long as there is no more red flags than that, it wont make a difference.

I got mine just fine.

I had a run in with the law and did time in jail nothing to crazy and no weapons band or and weapon offences now it has been over five years since I've had any run ins with the law do you think this will affect me getting approved for my pal? I was told that because I had a criminal record it had to be reviewed

Section 5 ( I believe)
    of the Firearms Act lists the offences which concern
    the RCMP CFO when approving or Not approving a PAL.

Was approved over the phone this morning 80 days total waiting

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456