Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gunsmith Schools

even with the online course the rcmp will still want you to apprentice under someone they are trying to get these couses out of canada as they are far too basic,,if you are military or police or retired from either and can prove you have military or police combat training this will help you alot more trust me i know from experience--i served 20 years spec. ops and got licenced

Originally from Ontario, currently in Osaka, Japan
    Would anyone happen to have the website address or contact info for that Gunsmithing school in Quebec?
    I found it years ago but have had no luck finding it again

Quote Originally Posted by SKS53 View Post
    Would anyone happen to have the website address or contact info for that Gunsmithing school in Quebec?
    I found it years ago but have had no luck finding it again
    Try www.armurier.net
    NFA Canada Member

Quote Originally Posted by sallen View Post
    I did one of the mail order courses a few years ago, just for fun. I enjoyed it, and I learned a lot, however I would not trust my guns to someone that just did this course. It’s a good way to start, but it’s all about practice. For example, you can read about stock fitting and finishing, and you can get 100% on the test by correctly answering the questions. This does not mean that you actually picked up a piece of wood and did any work on it. The course did not grade at any practical work that was done. The real expertise is what you learn (or didn’t learn) from the exercises, which are not graded.

My first advice would be to send back the slips asking for more information. Once this is done ignore them for about three months. They will keep coming back with lower and lower offers trying to hook you in.
    So did all the schools give you gradually lower prices or did one particular school do that? The discount caught my interest
    Water bottles don't need a tax stamp.

Don't know if it helps but Casey at Tac Ord offers some Armorers courses.

http://www.tacord.com/services/armourer-training/
    Show respect even to people who don't deserve it; not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123