Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with Gun Club Experience

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    When I lived down there, I was a member of TMSA. It is a VERY pistol-oriented club and I certainly had no issues with the club, quite the opposite.

My only complaints are the membership fees, which i found very high, and the access. I quite liked Doug the Range Warden; he was quite the character.

I had several serious safety concerns about a group of ESL shooters that were there for a practical day as part of their PAL course (I packed up my wife and son and left) and i mentioned it to the Warden and the whole lot were told to leave. I was impressed by that.

Too short for meaningful rifle shooting, but full marks for their pistol/IPSC facilities and their treatment of members.

BANNED
    Langley Rod & Gun club gives lawful firearms owners a bad name, just with their stupid restrictive rules. I got a membership there once to get my LTATT. Now I go to Agassiz. I will never give LR&G any more of my money and I recommend everyone else stay away from them.

They way they treat "young adults" is horrible. Brought my pistol grip tactical mossberg 500 there and was told it was designed only for killing humans and that he didn't want it on his range. I did finally convince him to let me do a few rounds of trap, but i'll never go back there.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by NavyCuda View Post
    Langley Rod & Gun club gives lawful firearms owners a bad name, just with their stupid restrictive rules. I got a membership there once to get my LTATT. Now I go to Agassiz. I will never give LR&G any more of my money and I recommend everyone else stay away from them.

They way they treat "young adults" is horrible. Brought my pistol grip tactical mossberg 500 there and was told it was designed only for killing humans and that he didn't want it on his range. I did finally convince him to let me do a few rounds of trap, but i'll never go back there.
    No firearms owner ,enthusiast or official or anyone who spend a day at range, WILL EVER EVER says that___( KILLING HUMANS ) ____PERIOD. I spend years and years from range to range to hunting groups to collecters to new comers to all sort of problematics BUT never heard that word. SO basically you are plain ignorant or plain liar_____PERIOD. So watch your langage you're putting for others to see,leaves nothing but BAD BAD name for firrearm owners, I would gladly accept your appology if you are in your senses.
    Last edited by RojamB21; 02-04-2010 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rboomsma View Post
    ...First impressions are important.....
    Have to agree with that. My first inpression was he complains too much. Maybe he just needs a hug.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by RojamB21 View Post
    No firearms owner ,enthusiast or official or anyone spend a day at range, WILL EVER EVER says that___( KILLING HUMANS ) ____PERIOD. I spend years and years from range to range to hunting groups to collecters to new comers to all sort of problematics BUT never heard that word. SO basically you are plain ignorant or plain liar_____PERIOD. So watch your langage you're putting for others to see,leaves nothing but BAD BAD name for firrearm owners, I would gladly accept your appology if you are in your senses.

NavyCuda's account of his experience rings true with me.

I'm not sure whether that would make me an ignorant liar or just plain ignorant. Oh well.

BANNED
    Will you apologize if it is the truth???????????????

I'm a newbie looking for a club as well but I haven't considered anything but PoCo. My good friend and also my course instructor (the DOC) have had a great influence on my decision to soon join PoCo. I live in Langley to boot.

I'm a super friendly fella and I'm sure that wherever I go I'll find some like-minded shooters to enjoy the experience with.

If someone is a dick then that's that, I'll just leave 'em be and rise above.

Can't wait to get started!

BANNED
    No firearms owner ,enthusiast or official or anyone spend a day at range, WILL EVER EVER says that___( KILLING HUMANS ) ____PERIOD. I spend years and years from range to range to hunting groups to collecters to new comers to all sort of problematics BUT never heard that word. SO basically you are plain ignorant or plain liar_____PERIOD. So watch your langage you're putting for others to see,leaves nothing but BAD BAD name for firrearm owners, I would gladly accept your appology if you are in your senses.
    So let me understand you correctly, you are calling me a lier? I'm not putting words in anyones mouth thank you very much so I'll gladly accept your apology now.

MY FAVOURITE COLOUR IS CAMO.

MY INCLUDES GUNS!

NFA & CSSA MEMBER

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MrSchultz's Avatar
    divide and conquer - that's what it feels like in here. i don't think the firearms community should be bickering at each other like this, ALL of us are here on this forum because we enjoy our firearms, either for hunting or target shooting, or collecting. Let's make this a good experience for the newbies, no? I am a newbie, and if I had the same experiences as the first poster, it would rub me the wrong way (a little) about the sport/hobby. I wouldn't give up on it, but it doesn't feel good, feeling the way he did. Sometimes when I post on this forum I get grief, and it makes it hard for me to post again, thinking that someone else will hang me. I probably have asked and posted responses that made no sense to the veteran many times, and got flamed for it, but how else am i supposed to learn? sometimes you just have to suck it up and spit it out.

There have been many people on here that have been helpful, and for them, I am grateful. Thank you all!